Naming rights to Pride Park sold?

VulcanRam

Well that's disappointing, but each to their own. When it's been mentioned on here before it seems I'm in the minority so I suppose I should forget real football, history and tradition and give in to the corporate cnuts :(

No chance... It's wrong, cheap and tacky.

Don't do it Derby, infact I'd rather us fook Hughes off to Stoke than change the name of our ground.

take that back.. Nobody deserves that punishment, especially such a talented footballer.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go for it.

A bit of this club died when we moved from BBG – I understand the whys and wherefores but even when the atmosphere was amazing at PPS, it’s never quite been home.

If you take a step back and think about the name ‘Pride Park’, it’s quite embarrassing and I don’t associate with it. If it was going to be named after a company that isn’t morally bankrupt (Wonga, The Sun, Sky) then just do it, if it makes us a few quid. That’s the way the game’s going.

F*ck me, I hate football.

I’d love to be rich. I’d match the highest bidder for kit sponsorship and have NOTHING on the front of the shirt. Imagine how popular you’d be, it’d be fantastic advertising in its own right. Stick a page in the programme and give me a hoarding behind a goal, that’d do me.

Not a fan of these naming right things but here in Derry I have joked of a re-branding name for the Brandywell Stadium to lure in the creepy old men under false pretense. 

In Donegal there is a chain of Petrol stations called Top and every station is named after the area it resides in i.e. "Top Letterkenny". Just on the border to Derry is a small village called (believe it or not) Muff. I suggested that we rename the Brandy to "Top Muff at Brandywell Stadium". If you rename it, they will come.

Would be brilliant if it got named after a famous Derbian, obviously sponsors name would be knocking around in there, Joseph Wright?

I’d love to be rich. I’d match the highest bidder for kit sponsorship and have NOTHING on the front of the shirt. Imagine how popular you’d be, it’d be fantastic advertising in its own right. Stick a page in the programme and give me a hoarding behind a goal, that’d do me.

In this day and age you wouldn't get a hoarding. You'd get ten seconds of flashing on one of the electronic pitch-side boards and if you're lucky you'd get to sponsor added time.

Archived