Naming rights to Pride Park sold?

VulcanRam

I heard rumours a few months back that an eCigarette firm was interested in putting money into the club (They are all the craze at the moment after all) but there was some difficulties given they currently cannot be "smoked" (vaped) inside the stadium.
E-lites , announced last game so not a rumour really The T&C that say they can't are the ground entry rules on the back if tickets. That's what I reckon anyway

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much would a stadium sponsorship be worth per annum for a mid table championship team?

Sam Rush reckoned that the newer the stadium, the more lucrative the deal. I think that's because everyone would call a brand new stadium by the sponsor's name, whereas most people will continue to call our ground Pride Park, whatever the official title is changes to. He said that it was his opinion that we would be looking at a low to middle six figure sum, so £100-500k per season. The previously quoted £250,000 seems to ring pretty true.

I heard rumours a few months back that an eCigarette firm was interested in putting money into the club (They are all the craze at the moment after all) but there was some difficulties given they currently cannot be "smoked" (vaped) inside the stadium.

Actually, they can. The cig people made this happen when they began working with the club. I was talking to the boss last week at the ground.

Ticket smallprint says otherwise but that's now false.

Actually, they can. The cig people made this happen when they began working with the club. I was talking to the boss last week at the ground.

Ticket smallprint says otherwise but that's now false.

The tickets were printed before the season started and before the deal so I guess that's why they are out if date.

Yup. The boss was very adamant about them being allowed when another fan showed him the small print on the ticket. It states no smoking, not even from electronic fags and he said he was going to talk to the club about changing the details but that they were allowed.

I saw a few people draggin on them in the stands, in front of the stewards who didn't say owt.

As you know its all to do with FFP, money you bring in, you can spend on players etc. So therefore it will be a major sponsor with a few million quid (no I'm not in dreamland)

I think it will be The Toyota Pride Park Stadium

Mentioning Forest, they struggled to get a shirt sponsor let alone a ground sponsor. They even had to sponsor themselves :)

Archived