Naming rights to Pride Park sold?

VulcanRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rights to Moor Farm were sold to the University recently.

I have heard rumours about selling the stadium rights.

I don't mind the change if it did happen but it would depend on the company.

For example the Emirates Stadium is good but the Sports Direct Arena @ St James' Park is awful.

If it is the Wonga Pride Park I will cry.

naming rights have to be long term, like 10 years to make it worthwhile, otherwise nobody would call the stadium by the sponsor name. So it would have to be an established local business that won't go under anytime soon.

So, it's gonna be:-

Toyota,

Rolls Royce

Bombardier

naming rights have to be long term, like 10 years to make it worthwhile, otherwise nobody would call the stadium by the sponsor name. So it would have to be an established local business that won't go under anytime soon.

Toyota,

Rolls Royce

Bombardier

Buy mobiles?

Toyota,

Rolls Royce

Bombardier

Doubt Rolls Royce would as they don't really advertise to the public, it's more private businesses so a massive stadium name isn't really going to affect their sales. Maybe in the premiership.

Toyota already have a long term stadium deal don't they?

Bombardier I don't know,

It wouldn't surprise me if it was American business due to our links there.

The rights to Moor Farm were sold to the University recently.

I have heard rumours about selling the stadium rights.

I don't mind the change if it did happen but it would depend on the company.

For example the Emirates Stadium is good but the Sports Direct Arena @ St James' Park is awful.

If it is the Wonga Pride Park I will cry.

What were these rumours?

Not like its not been talked about recently if you look at old threads, people telling mates that don't sit on football forums or listen to every Rush interview get wind of this information sooner or later and spreads, some pass it off as inside knowledge. Is this a source you would trust? As he/she ever given you any insight before anyone else?

What were these rumours?

Not like its not been talked about recently if you look at old threads, people telling mates that don't sit on football forums or listen to every Rush interview get wind of this information sooner or later and spreads, some pass it off as inside knowledge. Is this a source you would trust? As he/she ever given you any insight before anyone else?

Ha no, it literally is rumours sorry. Not one person in particular just overheard fans speaking about it. So there are no grounds to go on. I think Sam did mention it in that web chat that there may be developments to come but it's pure speculation.

I reckon you'd get more publicity as a company if you changed the name to something close to the club, rather than your companies name. Give the company a good reputation for being a bit different, sort of thing that would make a lot more news stories than the Bombardier Stadium.

I can't think of anything much worse than 'pride park' such an awful name, so, I would welcome this with open arms.

Jake Buxtons Arena, for me.

Well that's disappointing, but each to their own. When it's been mentioned on here before it seems I'm in the minority so I suppose I should forget real football, history and tradition and give in to the corporate cnuts :(

No chance... It's wrong, cheap and tacky.

Don't do it Derby, infact I'd rather us fook Hughes off to Stoke than change the name of our ground.

Well that's disappointing, but each to their own. When it's been mentioned on here before it seems I'm in the minority so I suppose I should forget real football, history and tradition and give in to the corporate cnuts :(

No chance... It's wrong, cheap and tacky.

Don't do it Derby, infact I'd rather us fook Hughes off to Stoke than change the name of our ground.

I'd rather have a meaning to our ground, but, erm - Pride Park has always embarrassed me. I can't stand it. 

Archived