Millwall's Kit Man

Day

I don't know why, bored I guess...but needed to correct the inaccuracies in this thread.

The Millwall kit, called Adrian Wisson (sic), didn't forget the kit, the away one was loaded by mistake, but as it's white it clashed with Wednesday's & so we had to wait for out third kit (orange) to arrive.

And yes, Derby County received a guard of honour for being crowned Second Division Champions at The Den lining up in Millwall's change kit of red, after the Derby kitman hadn't realised Millwall had swapped blue for all-white.

A picture of Derby footballers in a Millwall kit was taken for Shoot to celebrate their promotion, and they also featured in the Millwall kit in a set of trading cards - as the photographer doubled up on the day for the Shoot picture & the trading cards.

Derby County won the game 1-0 in front of 12,983, with a few hundred from the midlands.

I can't, however, state what they watch on on the way home.

I hope you didn't lose your job over this, but the white away kit? School boy error.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to confirm:

1/ Derby PACKED our white shirts, but couldn't wear them for the game because it clashed with Millwall's.

2/ Derby posed for individual photo's in Millwall's kit, despite us having OUR kit in a bag?

Either someone dropped the ball here, or someone had an amazing sense of humour. Maybe we didn't want to have any laundry? Either way, it was probably the best a team in Millwall's colours has ever played.

I just dont think people cared that much in those days about things like kits, and I guess the photographer just wanted it done quick. It was only a plain red kit anyways...no one would have kicked up a fuss about it, there weren't that many student types following football in those days to be outraged on twitter etc.

And yes, we used to joke about that being the best 'Millwall' side we'd ever had...and it was a bit of an in-joke that that's the only time we'd see a picture of players in Millwall kits with the legend Second (old) Division Champions underneath until we broke that duck in 1987-88...funny enough playing Derby County in our first ever top flight game at The Den...where both sides lined up in their traditional colours and Teddy Sheringham reversed the score of the mentioned fixture & secured a 1-0 win for the Lions.

I hope you didn't lose your job over this, but the white away kit? School boy error.

As you can probably tell from my waffle, I'm the Millwall history man & writer, not the kit man. He'd never lose his job anyway, Millwall man through and through.

Besides, it was some moron the job centre landed us with that loaded the wrong kit skip onto the coach...poor grasp of English you see. Welcome to modern Britain.

Oh look, a racist Millwall fan, who'd have thought, eh,

No, just xenophobic...hard not to be when you see your area flooded with Nigerian gangsters posing as asylum seekers, Russian prostitutes and Polish chancers...making every day things like walking through the park, buying train tickets and ho hum getting the right football kit onto a coach hard work.

But I do know a lot of racist Millwall fans, and Chelsea, West Ham and Arsenal fans too. Funny that, or maybe not when you look at their respective catchment areas.

You can only ever be a product of your environment. Well, that's what the Yardies tell us anyway.

Archived