The Text Ellis Campaign

textellis

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to text yesterday, just done it now mate.

Thank you so much! :)

I wouldn't want to get into any sort of disagreement with any of you on here, but just looking at a couple of comments, I do appreciate your well wishes but the comments about making a half hearted attempt to contact is a little harsh. At the moment we are working constantly to try and promote the campaign as much as we can and to contact the right people at each club.

We aren't asking for clubs to spend any money helping us or asking for staff to help on the day, all we ask for is permission to hand out a few leaflets to let locals know what we are doing and give them the opportunity to donate to our campaign if they wish. We felt that this would be the decent thing to do by asking permission and not just turning up.

We aren't asking to be added to a list of regular charities the club raise money for, this is just a one off, unique campaign from a dad trying to raise sponsorship to donate to a project which could cure his son.

Just want to thank all those who have donated once again, really, really appreciate your generosity! :) Lets hope its a good game tomorrow!

I wouldn't want to get into any sort of disagreement with any of you on here, but just looking at a couple of comments, I do appreciate your well wishes but the comments about making a half hearted attempt to contact is a little harsh. At the moment we are working constantly to try and promote the campaign as much as we can and to contact the right people at each club.

We aren't asking for clubs to spend any money helping us or asking for staff to help on the day, all we ask for is permission to hand out a few leaflets to let locals know what we are doing and give them the opportunity to donate to our campaign if they wish. We felt that this would be the decent thing to do by asking permission and not just turning up.

We aren't asking to be added to a list of regular charities the club raise money for, this is just a one off, unique campaign from a dad trying to raise sponsorship to donate to a project which could cure his son.

Just want to thank all those who have donated once again, really, really appreciate your generosity! :) Lets hope its a good game tomorrow!

Wouldn't worry about it mate, you're doing an amazing thing which hopefully has an amazing outcome. If people moan then that's their problem, good luck to you. Don't think people will realise the time this will consume, not only cycling but the organising, contacting media, collecting money etc

It was a pleasure to meet you today, good luck to you, your team and your son xx

Archived