Retro Shirts

SinfinMark

I'm after one, really hate modern football shirts and bored with going to games in non-Derby gear.

Problem is, it's never easy to get one in my size. It's always XL, L, M or whatever. Did small people not exist in the 1980s?

Yes that's just the thing there were hardly any fat fighters then :D  ;) 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are those measurements right ?

28 inches pit to pit and only 23 inches long. How short and fat was everybody back then  :lol:

Me too - must be our age - I was born in late 1970. What a lovely shirt it was too. Love the bronze/orange and the shiny material was so futuristic! Did you have the shorts too? They were great, navy blue with two diagonal orange stripes on the corner of one leg

What annoyed me about the retro tops that the club sold in the shop was that the Patrick kit was blatantly nothing like the actual original kit in terms of material and detail

I was born in september 1971 yes i had the shorts as well

I had both Patrick kits when I was a kid. Still have the home shirt! I don't understand why the club don't licence the badge to someone like Umbro to make exact replicas of the 1974/75 shirt instead of shoddy cheap looking 'retro' ones. On Toffs website they are selling similar 1970's shirts made by Bukta for various clubs and they look amazing. Don't see how it would affect Kappas sales there will always be those wanting the up to date kit. The shirt on my all time want list is the Le Coq Sportif 78-81 home one - love it.

There was a sports shop not far from me in Neath that closed down this year, and he had 10 of each of the late 70s shirt, White & blue & white.

Why didn't someone say earlier they wanted them.

I bought both for £12' never been worn, just left upstairs in the shop.

They were small kids sizes.

• 3 years later...

Time to resurrect this, I've added quite a few since to my collection has anybody uncovered any hidden gems in the attics ?

this is one that I have searched for forever and finally tracked down, second shirt I over owned.

IMG_0199.JPG

Archived