Retro Shirts

SinfinMark

4 minutes ago, David said:

I sprayed my perfume on them before sending, I knew you would like it, plus it saved me from washing them

You know me well.

I love my hand me downs like I like my women.

clean, not too tight fitting and clear care instructions.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, David said:

I’m sure I had one of those, another that went missing. No longer got my collection anyway, I was going to camping in my old shirts as they would make a great one man tent, but I donated them to @Boycie, fit him perfectly apparently.

You do appear a tad careless @David?

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Aha, just found this in an old drawer

FFBD1BC2-9D7D-496A-82D3-790FC10E4DD6.jpeg

Nice one, seems like yesterday but it was just about the lowest point of the past 50 years that season, division three and then along came Arthur and it all changed !

ive got paul blades shirt from that season, it’s made of a much thicker almost fleeced lined material.

also got the away shirt in an adult size, they are pretty rare.

any more tucked away @philmycock !

good find ?

EDDF5A82-2257-403D-851F-30EFBC930B31.jpeg

7F33AB1C-46A6-486F-B1B2-861184142DB3.jpeg

On 07/07/2018 at 00:48, loweman2 said:

Still need these two @philmycock @Will I Ram Could be a right hero with the striped one ??

or if anybody has any other press 80s ones to sell or add to the collection please let me know ??

0F429CF1-3862-4DB9-B525-D84678F2421A.jpeg

A74E83EB-9F50-4F67-A8F9-8854EB876FFD.jpeg

What year was that striped kit from? When I was in the cub scouts we had a six a side team and we played in that kit.

Been to see Frank Wignall again today and added him to the 69/71 shirt, great story from frank is that when he had made his way into the England team in 1965 he broke his leg and lost his place to ..... Geoff Hurst !!

We all know what happened after that !!

its coming home !

F7183065-A602-44D0-B1FA-F487A696CEF6.jpeg

Really enjoying this thread @loweman2 but you’ve got me wondering about the Rioch conundrum, did he not enjoy his time with us ? Has been approached for a RamsTV meets and turned it down ? 

Hope you eventually have the same outcome with Rioch as you did with Willie Carlin who I know was a tricky one to secure. ? 

14 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Really enjoying this thread @loweman2 but you’ve got me wondering about the Rioch conundrum, did he not enjoy his time with us ? Has been approached for a RamsTV meets and turned it down ? 

Hope you eventually have the same outcome with Rioch as you did with Willie Carlin who I know was a tricky one to secure. ? 

Thanks @Pearl Ram always good to know that people aren’t getting bored with it ?

to be honest the Bruce Rioch thing is bizzare, I always respect people’s privacy but you would think that he wouldn’t mind, I have written to him in a very respectful manner and said that I would drive down to Cornwall for just a five minute meet at a place of his choosing, even on his front yard, but he never replies, Toddy who worked closely with him says that he no longer speaks with him, Alan Durban the head of the ex players says he has no contact with him the only thing that he does go to is the Middlesbrough get to gethers.

i completely got the Willie Carlin thing, he had been robbed of his one medal and that has created an air of mistrust, but even he could not resist the charms of Mrs Loweman2 ?.

do you know he has turned down RamsTV meet or are you asking if I know ?

i have got team photos, shirts, cards, photos you name it just waiting.

on my farewell to the BBG print I have got all of the Clough and Mackay teams including Clough and Mackay and john Robson and Jeff bourne but he is the only one missing.

i will catch up with him at some point but he is very elusive ! ?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Collected this one from the tamers today, looks excellent now that it is finished, well worth the time and effort it took to get signed.

F2BD11B2-0A1C-42CC-ADA6-C886CB80E8FF.jpeg

33001033-C7B0-430B-82D8-9694B5225145.jpeg

Amazing how many of the signatures you can actually read.  I had a Errea Pedigree shirt and I could barely make out two of them...

Archived