Clough may sell Hughes for £1.8 due to board pressure

DcFc Dyycheee

His passing you can't teach, you have it or you don't, it's not very often you find that on an English player. The fact he's even putting in performances at all given his physique and style of play says it all for me. Bueno is playing regularly in La Liga now but couldn't cut it in this league, Hughes for me is already as good as when we saw him at Derby. Better, in fact. He makes a mark on every game he plays.

.He's starting to carry a decent Championship side now too. I'm only 18 and the list of players who I've seen for Derby who I rate higher can be counted on one hand.

I'm not getting taking in by the wonderkid cult, I never normally do. Never rated Barnes that much, never liked Addison and the point has been overegged with Bennett.

I'd be flabbergasted if I never see him play for England.

What do you mean Bueno couldn't cut it in this league?

So are you saying if you put Bueno and Vallodolid in the NPC they'd be flops and not do anything? They'd walk this league..

It's not the league that's a problem, we've gone through this before, Bueno was one of the best players in the league when we played football on the deck.. NC ruined him and our season by playing survival hoofball after a few unlucky defeats..

Bueno could easily cut the NPC but he needs help from able teammates.. Not feckin hoofers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bueno would actually look alot better in this team..

We could even play a 5 man midfield.. Having Hendrick and Bryson sitting and a narrow front 3 of Hughes, Bueno and Ward playing behind Sammon.. Provided they got close to him that would be an excellent front 4..

Have Bueno or Hughes play further inside and Brayford play further up on the overlap..

Bueno would actually look alot better in this team..

We could even play a 5 man midfield.. Having Hendrick and Bryson sitting and a narrow front 3 of Hughes, Bueno and Ward playing behind Sammon.. Provided they got close to him that would be an excellent front 4..

Have Bueno or Hughes play further inside and Brayford play further up on the overlap..

I agree with this, Hughes is much like Bueno IMO but with more defensive capabilities - when we first signed Bueno it looked like we'd struck gold, then the winter set in and the rest is history 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

What do you mean Bueno couldn't cut it in this league?

So are you saying if you put Bueno and Vallodolid in the NPC they'd be flops and not do anything? They'd walk this league..

It's not the league that's a problem, we've gone through this before, Bueno was one of the best players in the league when we played football on the deck.. NC ruined him and our season by playing survival hoofball after a few unlucky defeats..

Bueno could easily cut the NPC but he needs help from able teammates.. Not feckin hoofers

I mean he couldn't cut it in this league. Good players can play in any system and Bueno was so reliant on everything being set up just for him. Hughes still makes his mark on physical games. The home win against Barnsley was very physical and certainly wasn't pretty, yet it was Hughes who won us the game and everything good game through him. With no help from team mates.

Obviously Bueno would do well for Real Vallodolid in this league, doesn't mean he's suited to it though, and further proves that he can't really adapt his game.

I mean he couldn't cut it in this league. Good players can play in any system and Bueno was so reliant on everything being set up just for him. Hughes still makes his mark on physical games. The home win against Barnsley was very physical and certainly wasn't pretty, yet it was Hughes who won us the game and everything good game through him. With no help from team mates.

Obviously Bueno would do well for Real Vallodolid in this league, doesn't mean he's suited to it though, and further proves that he can't really adapt his game.

No-one looked good playing that hoofball rubbish.. Commons during January was a nothing player, Bailey turned into a passenger, Bueno was non-existant, Porters job was to control balls 12ft in the air, Brayford never ventured over the halfway line, Barker was useless, and Bywater couldn't kick it..

We thrashed Watford 4-1 in October/November and played some lovely stuff with virtually the same players.. 3 months later Watford destroyed us 3-0 and we were dismal, playing hoofball all afternoon.. How do you get the best out of Bueno and Commons as attacking midfielders if the ball sails over their head all afternoon..

It's an insult to the likes of Bueno and Commons that you'd play that type of rubbish and call them out saying they couldn't cut it.. Had they both played for Swansea they'd have absolutely cruised it all season.. And why would you try and adapt someones game when they're clearly better playing their way than the team altogether... Why NC played survival hoofball with a team capable of playing on the deck was ridiculous and simply ametureish.. Bueno, Commons and Will Hughes all have a particular style and if they're the better players the idea is to utilize them the best you can.. Not freeze them out by playing a completely different style of football that's clearly not to their liking..

You wouldn't expect a rap singer to look good in a heavy metal band.. Despite the rap singer to be more talented than the group itself..

Will Hughes put in countless performances for the reserves at Belper on a freezing cold night - infront of 200 spectators.

Bueno couldn't get a kick in during a professional league game in a 20,000 seater stadium.

You only have to look at the Burnley away fixture to realise how lightweight and out of touch He was with the English game.

Style of football has nothing to do with it.

Im not sure why Bueno gets this bad reputation for flopping after our good spell had ended. I was at the last 6/7 away game and he was one our best players in every one. Norwich away, Cardiff away, Palace away - all games we lost but he was still probably our best player when he was on the pitch.

I think Bueno had difficulty coping with the wintry conditions in this country. To me it's no coincidence that he shone in the late summer-autumn period, did almost nothing from November to March and then came good once again towards the end of the season. I'm not saying that all Spanish players have that kind of difficulty- but Bueno really suffered from that culture shock.

Clough's always had a set of 'untouchables' that is when he's bought them he's wanted to keep them, Brayford and Bryson are two of these. Hughes didn't cost them club a big transfer fee and I'd hardly think he's on massive wages, so why not keep him? When he's out the team we seem to lack creativity, and our structure seems to fall some what apart, which is worrying to say when it happens when a 17 year old is no longer on the field.

The only way supporters will be happy is if we get a much higher fee than his valuation. The Shackell transfer was uproar because he was work double his '£1 million' fee, I just hope that Hughes goes for considerably more then £4 million, he's not 4 times worse than Henderson!

How come? We bought him for £1m, and he'd just had as good a season at Barnsley, winning player of the season. We bought a £1m player, and sold the same £1m player 12 months later.

Players actually benefit from being in a team where they are too good for them.It raises their confindence when they are playing well but because they find it easy they can try new things and take risks such as killer through balls when normally young players pass sideways because they are nervous and dont want to make mistakes

But hughes is an odd one.Naturally a player like that would be in around the bench and come on occasionally and start agianst the easier teams and cup games.But he went from youth football straight to first team football.Looking at how he was rated before last season shows that his progress has all been in the last year.

The club think we wont get promoted or relegated this season.So they have put lots of youth players in around the team to bump up their value and really force their sale.There has been lots of games where he hasnt been in it and we have kept him on.The club want to advertise him and make him more well known.The england u21s will certainty do that and especially as hes the youngest there.

The question asked is

How much do the owners want? as they dont see hughes as a player but money.We will sell him in january to probally a team that no-one expected like fulham or west brom.Then from January to Summer we will bring Bennett into the team more pushing for his sale in the summer.

If fans were going to protest about shackell a player turned 29 years old a player whos best days and chances to play prem were behind him.I expect a full blown riot when this transfer goes through.

The year after it will kwame thomas and Josh lelan then Jeff and Ob.

When will we actually keep them.

A club can accept a fee but its up to the player whether he leaves he can be forced but still that might not work.

Hughes is doing his a levels at the club and has often posted comments about english players wasting careers on the bench.I dont see him moving.

Hughes actually value if you add up everything such as the amount of apps for his age.The amount of Youth internationals.His goal agianst Millwall(somthing out of nothing) and his potential to play for England at a teenager(19)

about 8 million with clauses would be fair for everyone.

But he wont want to leave.

It's really weird reading this, you need to stop writing your opinion as fact, specially when its as wild as this is.

I don't think anyone's giving Hughesy enough credit here. If a bid did come in, he wouldn't instantly be off. WIll's a smart lad and he'll most likely know that, if he did go to an Arsenal or Liverpool, he won't be playing first team football for a few years. I reckon he's a football over money guy so he'll be here for at least another year yet.

How come? We bought him for £1m, and he'd just had as good a season at Barnsley, winning player of the season. We bought a £1m player, and sold the same £1m player 12 months later.

In Cloughs interview on RD last week (Friday evening I think) he said the sale of Shackell had enabled him to bring in Keogh, Coutts and jacobs. If that's the case I think it was a good bit of business.

Hughes should stay here for at least another season.

He's not going to get a look-in at a premier league side other than the odd League Cup game (and that competition is all but finished) - if Wickham can't get a regular starting place at Sunderland there isn't much hope really.

If he did leave, his choice should be Arsenal as Venga is probably the only manager who would give him a chance.

Liverpool would be a fantastic move for him. Rodgers would likely give him a chance, as he has with so many players this season, so I wouldn't count against him going there.

Saying all that, don't want him to go. Want him here for a good few years and sell him when he's developed further and looking to further his own career.

Who says he won't develop here? Not me. If he's going to get chances in the u-21's he'll likely develop because of that. If Zaha is getting into the senior England setup (crazy) then so can Hughes.

Archived