playing to our strengths...

Mostyn6

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B4, I think every season u say the same thing and I for one love it! Great optimism! I think one day soon you will be proven right. Hopefully this season!

As for playing to our strengths it sounds so simple. Our midfield on their day are very

good for this league. I could watch Hughes and Hendrick all day long and Bryson an Coutts I really like cos they give their all. It's been a while since we had the depth and options in the squad we have now. I dont think it will be long before the midfield walks us through a game. Martin and Russell look great signings.

Most importantly for me is were we to go up the manager won't turn round and say 'I wish it was with so and so' and bugger off on holiday. Cloughie would probably be at work the very next day sorting everything out. No excuses about being behind other teams! The owners, the manager, the players and staff are all here for Derby County and us. To do the best for this great club. Can forest, Blackburn, leeds, Leicester, QPR fans say that with honesty? I heard a quote from Clough the other day saying they would be carting him out in a box if it were up to him and I believe that.

Not been this happy with the clubs situation since the Jim Smith era. Foundations laid, now the hard work begins!

Pot shots from a long way out that are either blocked or go well wide are hardly praise worthy. 

I dont think the mentality or mindset away from home is any different from what it's been for Cloughs entire time here, that's really the point I'm making. The attacking options we've got is better hence we'll probably/hopefully see an improvement in away results, I just dont think it will be a big enough improvement. 

Disagree entirely. Up until this season we'd have rolled over after going a goal down away at a team like Brighton.

You made a good point in a previous post about being clinical. Didn't have too many chances, and took them when we did. Brilliant away performance.

Disagree entirely. Up until this season we'd have rolled over after going a goal down away at a team like Brighton.

You made a good point in a previous post about being clinical. Didn't have too many chances, and took them when we did. Brilliant away performance.

What are you disagreeing with?

So every time we had the lead in the second half last season away from home we didnt see it out? Can't really compare the Brighton side we played Saturday to the one we've played previous seasons, they played very different.

What was different in the mentality or mindset on Saturday from the previous 4 seasons? 

What are you disagreeing with?

So every time we had the lead in the second half last season away from home we didnt see it out? Can't really compare the Brighton side we played Saturday to the one we've played previous seasons, they played very different.

What was different in the mentality or mindset on Saturday from the previous 4 seasons? 

Difference in mentality was that we went a goal down and got something out of it. I'm sure someone could furnish with a stat on how many times we've come from behind to win away at home under Clough - I bet it's not pretty reading.

We kept going at them and took our chances when they came. That's the difference. Prime example - Sheffield Wednesday last season. Two up, let one in, lost our bottle and drew the game 2-2. We should have been 4-0 up before they scored their first. Millwall away, equalised, ended up losing 2-1. Birmingham, took the lead, lost 3-1.

On Saturday we took three points that would most likely have been zero last season. There's a big difference.

Difference in mentality was that we went a goal down and got something out of it. I'm sure someone could furnish with a stat on how many times we've come from behind to win away at home under Clough - I bet it's not pretty reading.

We kept going at them and took our chances when they came. That's the difference. Prime example - Sheffield Wednesday last season. Two up, let one in, lost our bottle and drew the game 2-2. We should have been 4-0 up before they scored their first. Millwall away, equalised, ended up losing 2-1. Birmingham, took the lead, lost 3-1.

On Saturday we took three points that would most likely have been zero last season. There's a big difference.

2 of our away wins last season we came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1, Leeds and Ipswich. 1-0 down away at Charlton, managed to draw 1-1. Boro 2-1 down, drew 2-2. Wolves 1-0 down, drew 1-1

For every example where we've thrown away points from leading, there's ones for coming from behind. 

2 of our away wins last season we came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1, Leeds and Ipswich. 1-0 down away at Charlton, managed to draw 1-1. Boro 2-1 down, drew 2-2. Wolves 1-0 down, drew 1-1

For every example where we've thrown away points from leading, there's ones for coming from behind. 

OK, but this is our first away game and we've amassed 50% of the wins from losing positions away from home that we did last season. I like the look of that.

We gained 14 points from losing positions and lost 14 points from winning positions - point proven?

It was a great win now we have to follow it up. I'm amazed the coutts ball to hand hasn't been mentioned. :)

Probably because the free kick looked a bit dodgy. Keogh stuck a leg out and Ulloa struggled to find it to fall over it!!

Handball was blatant though

Archived