The problem of away transport.

Adamrambez

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I was going to football but me and family going into london today. I live about 30 miles from central london and driving there and back will cost under a tenner in petrol and take about an hour each way. Getting train would cost about 40-50 quid plus parking at station.

A season ticket into London on train is 4-5k per year whereas my petrol for a similar length journey is under half that.

How did we end up in this situation where driving is often quicker and cheaper than the mass transit train? Bet that hs2 train will be dirt cheap.

I agree. £85 if I got the train down from Nottingham today. Would cost me £45 in petrol at 12p a mile in my company car. Half the price. Would also take me a third less time to get there. Not really a compelling argument for using public transport is it.

Good idea that Rammieib.

I've always though they should reintroduce the football specials tbh. As a club i'm sure we could strike up some kind of deal with East Midlands Trains and utilize one of the many **** trains sat just outside Derby station. 

Introduce an all encompassing away membership which gets you priority on tickets + discounts on roadrider/ramaway and watch our away numbers soar...

arent they a sponsor too?

did you get me some train numbers m'lady?

Here's some numbers for you Boycie.

The 10.25 service will now turn up sometime after 10.30 cos it's late.

Good enough?

Yes it is a problem.

I want to do Yeovil away which is a week on Saturday however the train costs over £80 for a return. There is the Roadrider which is £28 but I'll end up spending a total of eight hours on the bloody coach and it won't give me enough time for a pre-match and post-match pint. The last alternative is car-pooling.

They SHOULD bring back the football special but the problem is the train companies are too concerned about health and safety and making profits rather than providing an affordable train service for ordinary football fans.

I guess it just needs better organisation from fans. We have the access to do it through forums and Twitter.

So then, who's driving to Yeovil? Petrol money of £20-25?  :)

Archived