South Stand Statement

derbycountytalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with moving – as others have stated, I knew when I moved to the SS that I would have to move for certain games.

What I do have a problem with is the vagueness of the statement and the implication that the onus is on the ST to do something! I wasn't expecting to have to sort out my own move, so the club had better just send me a ticket if they want me to move. They can't assume that everyone has access to the statement on the website, so how would they even know they were being moved?

The club took this decision to have ST holders in the SS that would have to occasionally move seats so they better have a PROPER plan for carrying out the exercise of moving people.

If they want to sneak back to the SE corner, will that cost extra?

Bearing in mind that the SW corner is a free move?

I'm sure I heard somewhere that if you want to move somewhere else in the ground, other than the SW corner, it'll cost £10?

Not sure if that's correct or not.

I don't have a problem with moving – as others have stated, I knew when I moved to the SS that I would have to move for certain games.

What I do have a problem with is the vagueness of the statement and the implication that the onus is on the ST to do something! I wasn't expecting to have to sort out my own move, so the club had better just send me a ticket if they want me to move. They can't assume that everyone has access to the statement on the website, so how would they even know they were being moved?

The club took this decision to have ST holders in the SS that would have to occasionally move seats so they better have a PROPER plan for carrying out the exercise of moving people.

I see what you mean but you have to pay for some seats, I reckon the club would rather let people decide for themselves?

But we knew we'd have to move, fair enough, and the club did say we'd be able to sit in SW upper for free. Is that big enough for everybody and if not, where then? And would that be free?

Davs on the phone now so we'll see what the club says.

Don't sell the South Stand tickets so cheap in the first place, it's only going to encourage people to move for the savings, people that want to be in the noisey area without contributing. Include the moving costs in the initial price, the club would have known the games that you need to move already, let people reserve tickets for those games when purchasing the ST.

During the summer let Nick hold auditions at PP, forget Simon and Louie get people up in the stand singing in groups of 20, you pass the audition you are given a pass to buy a seat in the South Stand.

Sorted.

I see what you mean but you have to pay for some seats, I reckon the club would rather let people decide for themselves?

But we knew we'd have to move, fair enough, and the club did say we'd be able to sit in SW upper for free. Is that big enough for everybody and if not, where then? And would that be free?

Davs on the phone now so we'll see what the club says.

Yes - but the statement was so vague. I can see that some people might want to choose where they move to, or pick a more expensive category, that's fair enough and they have the option to ring/call in as per the statement

BUT it doesn't say what to do if you are just happy to be moved anywhere at no cost (as probably most will be)

If they have to move everyone then they have to contact us all individually, surely? Or maybe the statement should just say - if you want to move somewhere specific then call us before a certain date. If you haven't done so before then we'll just send you a generic seat ticket in the SW

My point is that I am on holiday between tomorrow and the day of the match - I've only seen the statement by chance, so otherwise I will be turning up expecting to sit in the SS. What are they going to do? Turn me away and say "sorry mate you didn't call the ticket office"?

It just seems a bit badly managed

Greenram - If you want me to sort your ticket for you on your behalf DM me...

Nick

Your inbox is full!

I haven't got my ST on me and I've not memorised the seat/block number yet after one game! However I'm pretty sure it was in or right next to the block that you had reserved (upper tier towards the SE corner)

There was some suggestion that not all blocks in the SS will be affected - is that right?

I haven't got a problem moving at all, I quite like the thought of trying a new part of the ground with all the singers moved en-masse, but it would have been nice for the club to tell me my new temporary seat with a crisp ticket in the post in the the knowledge that I'm sat next to my son and friend, now I've got to fanny around at the ticket office to secure a seat, still no-one's died I spoze, someone tell me to shut the f#%k up, like now!!!!

Dave

Yes - but the statement was so vague. I can see that some people might want to choose where they move to, or pick a more expensive category, that's fair enough and they have the option to ring/call in as per the statement

BUT it doesn't say what to do if you are just happy to be moved anywhere at no cost (as probably most will be)

If they have to move everyone then they have to contact us all individually, surely? Or maybe the statement should just say - if you want to move somewhere specific then call us before a certain date. If you haven't done so before then we'll just send you a generic seat ticket in the SW

My point is that I am on holiday between tomorrow and the day of the match - I've only seen the statement by chance, so otherwise I will be turning up expecting to sit in the SS. What are they going to do? Turn me away and say "sorry mate you didn't call the ticket office"?

It just seems a bit badly managed

Good point. It does go on the assumption that everyone checks the internet for derby news regularly. They should have been clearer at the time of purchasing the season ticket, but that's how modern day news seems to work. Take buses for example, where u live they fitted digital timetables at each bus stop, which were supposed to give info on delays ect. They don't bother using them thou because Trent Barton just assume everyone who uses the buses follows them on Twitter. So if your bus doesn't bother turning up, don't bother complaining because theyll just say 'well sorry you missed your hospital appointment Mrs 90 years old but we tweeted that there'd been a delay.

Anyway... Tickets...

It's a bit annoying that people have moved there for cheap seats, that aren't going to contribute to the noise.

I couldn't get a ticket in the south stand for the Blackburn game because of this. I understand I don't have a season ticket for certain reasons, but I thought that's what the south stand was for.

Archived