South Stand Statement

derbycountytalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we already knew this...that's why it was never genius idea

Exactly. It's a half arsed set up. Better than doing nothing but if DCFC don't know a few lads who can put cells and shutters in the East Stand then I worry about that Velodrome getting finished

Let's be fair to the club here. Their hands are tied by the police who are now like referees - no police approval, no game. The local police are tied by their own fears of cocking up especially post Hilsborough - if anything kicks off then they will have to answer to the Chief Constable and/or the Home Office, never mind Risk Assessments, elf and safety and all the rest of it. They will always err on the side of caution.

It matters not one jot what the club say. They cannot put on any game of football at PP likely to attract any kind of crowd without police approval, including the ticketing arrangements. The local copper i/c of football matters will have been cacking himself at the idea of Derby and Leics fans within 20 rows of each other, never mind using adjacent turnstiles outside.

And a cash strapped - supposedly - police force hate events at weekends costing overtime as well.

Mmmm not sure on this, I think the police would have said giving the nature of the game and who is involved, that if the fans sat in that area, we would have to pay for extra police. Otherwise when it comes to sell outs you wouldn't have any fans near each other, derby probably decided against the extra cost, which is fair enough.

Two points - there had better be enough free seats to go round in the SW upper. If they tell me there isn't and try to get me to pay I will demand a refund on my season ticket. It was sold to me on the basis I could have a free relocation to the SW upper.

Secondly - what about people who have bought a ticket for the area that aren't season ticket holders? I went on to the website and match tickets in the south stand were available to buy.

Two points - there had better be enough free seats to go round in the SW upper. If they tell me there isn't and try to get me to pay I will demand a refund on my season ticket. It was sold to me on the basis I could have a free relocation to the SW upper.

Secondly - what about people who have bought a ticket for the area that aren't season ticket holders? I went on to the website and match tickets in the south stand were available to buy.

Thirdly, what about ST holders who are already in the SW upper? Do they have to move as well?

It was common knowledge that south standers would be getting moved for the Leeds and Wednesday but i'm still disappointed with the decision for Forest and Leicester.

Leicester are getting 2800 apparently, and i'm led to believe they could fit in the south stand without any home fans being moved ? If that is the case then the police are being nonce's. Furthermore Forest are only getting 2002 so they can, without doubt, fit in the south stand without moving, once again the police are being shithouses.

All this about trouble, and health and safety, is ********. The worst that happens in ground these days is coin throwing, and well, that's pretty easy to get away with in the south west corner. 

Spurs v Arsenal/Chelsea/West Ham
Chelsea v Arsenal/Spurs/West Ham

Man City v Man Utd/Liverpool/Everton

and so many more high profile games where only a line of police or stewards is needed to separate the fans, none of this no mans land ***** which we do. 

Did none of you realise this? Before now like?

This was always the set up folks

It was clearly stated, and widely publicised, that there were going to be a number of matches where they would have to move. 

You know who I blame for all this? John f'in Eustace

I thought that we had three parasites, so shouldn't Buxton and Sammon share the blame?

Knew this was coming so not miffed, just a tad surprised by the timing. Surely they should do this when the tickets are initially allocated?

As people have said, tickets were available to buy in the end 2 blocks in the south stand to normal customers. Could have been done weeks ago with less hassle if handled correctly.

Will have to accept this for the current season. The important thing is for you lot who moved to keep the atmosphere going in the other matches so more and more want to join and make the club sort it for next season.

We should make it clear that next year we want the whole South Stand as our end. 

Mmmm not sure on this, I think the police would have said giving the nature of the game and who is involved, that if the fans sat in that area, we would have to pay for extra police. Otherwise when it comes to sell outs you wouldn't have any fans near each other, derby probably decided against the extra cost, which is fair enough.

Fair point Leeds, except that stewarding/security within the ground is now, generally, the clubs' responsibility/expense and policing outside that of the constabulary until there is trouble inside the ground at which point the police may become involved.

The whole thing is still a debate however, within which the police have a more than significant say. No police agreement, no match, whether it is ticketing, kick off times, pressure on police resources or anything else. My bet still is that the local police are forcing the club's hand, thus the timing of this decision. And in general terms the police now have as much influence as Sky on footballing matters, certainly far more than used to be the case and will be influenced in their decision making by the likes of Hillsborough, even though they cocked that up

Haven't the pigs got more important things to do? Like infiltrating legitimate protest groups, smearing innocent people as terrorists, looking for dirt on murder victims families and trying to cover up years of corruption and racist lies?

The lies they spouted after killing the 'terror suspect' at Stockwell tube really were scary, likewise the Forest Gate 'terrorist' raid. I almost can't comprehend how they tried to dig for dirt on Stephen Lawerence's family. Just hope you never get targetted.

Haven't the pigs got more important things to do? Like infiltrating legitimate protest groups, smearing innocent people as terrorists, looking for dirt on murder victims families and trying to cover up years of corruption and racist lies?

The lies they spouted after killing the 'terror suspect' at Stockwell tube really were scary, likewise the Forest Gate 'terrorist' raid. I almost can't comprehend how they tried to dig for dirt on Stephen Lawerence's family. Just hope you never get targetted.

The pigs? I just hope you remember that is what you think of them if you or your family ever need their help.

Perhaps in future they should send you to potential terrorist situations if you are such an expert.

There are good and bad in every profession, to label all cops pigs is pathetic.They have a hard job to do, made even harder by time wasters like yourself who are probably the sort who will stand behind a cordon spouting vile at them.

What about the two female cops who were killed with a hand grenade trying to protect the public...did they meet your vile definition?

Archived