A different challenge for Clough this season.

uttoxram75

Sounds like Nigel's 'last chance saloon' this season then.

5-6 seasons. Time to **** or get off the pot.

I don't think we're being unreasonable to want improvements.

Would you give Mr Ram £10,000 & expect a new Audi, a 26 room Mansion with gold plated bidet & a yaught in the bahamas ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have options in midfield and up front but not in central defence. I'm very disappointed we don't have another experienced centre half in the squad.

The noise from the club is that the right player wasn't available at the right price. OK then but at least get a loan in until Barker is back. This will probably cost us being contenders in the promotion race, especially given the importance of central defence in away games. It is widely accepted that our improvement from last season to this is more points on the road.

The best thing that can happen now is we get a couple of the Robinson, Bailey, Tyson, etc group off the wage bill in August and get the centre half in that we so desperately need.

It's important to get a good start, of course. 

But the second half to the season has proved many times over the years to be more important. Look at Middlesbrough last season, flying and then finished way down the league.

I agree we need a new CB, but there's 6 months to find the right one yet, wether on loan or as a permanent.

Agree with much of the thread, the whole feel of this season is completely different to before. Both exciting and daunting, bring it on, feels good.

Archived