Eustace Could Be Shoe Horned In.

Boycie

So would that mean Ward is dropped? I know some people don't rate him that highly but I still reckon he's one of our key players 

He's our brightest in terms of taking on the opposition. I'm not sure he's the brightest in terms of a footballing brain. He needs to produce an end result more often. He gives the ball away more than any other player in our team, including the number of times he runs out of pitch! He needs to produce more crosses for Russell and co and to learn that simply kicking the ball past three defenders and chasing after it isn't a recipe for success. Every now and then he needs to use a wall pass with a team-mate to achieve his aims.

I like Eustace - he gets it and plays it to a team-mate. If you keep the ball you win the game. Brian would approve.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no , i meant the WHOLE thread :)

A quick scan suggests this is a wide ranging thread touching on Bruce Springsteen (the Boss), Formula 1, philosophy of life, and some Cardiff player. It goes downhill on page 2 when a concrete penis starts talking about Derby County.

I hope that helps.

Hey, what do you guys think?

Old flat-nose was bloody useless on Sunday - and in the games I saw in pre-season he just didn't look interested.

Those who judge Eustace by his nine games for Derby when he was feeling his way back from injury should look at how he actually plays when firing on all cylinders.  He is a very creative player, yes he sits in front of the defence and breaks up opposition attacks but once he has the ball he dictates play by clever passing.  He also frees up other midfielders to be more attack minded.

I think he will prove to be a key signing this year, he will both help tighten the defence and make us more creative.  That is if he can keep fit.......

I'd rather not 'shoe horn' Eustace in, he's not an outstanding player that having him on the pitch will make the difference between us finishing 10th and finishing 6th - that lies more in the hands of Hughes Hendrick or Russell.

Clough needs to have the balls to drop on of Bryson, Hughes or Hendrick, and put either Coutts, Ward, Jacobs or B.Davies on the right/left hand side of midfield.

If Hendrick starts right mid against Brighton I might just go mad!

I'd rather not 'shoe horn' Eustace in, he's not an outstanding player that having him on the pitch will make the difference between us finishing 10th and finishing 6th - that lies more in the hands of Hughes Hendrick or Russell.

Clough needs to have the balls to drop on of Bryson, Hughes or Hendrick, and put either Coutts, Ward, Jacobs or B.Davies on the right/left hand side of midfield.

If Hendrick starts right mid against Brighton I might just go mad!

Why do you say he needs the balls to drop .... that is just a silly statement.

I would imagine we will play

-----------------------------Grant

Smith--------Keogh---------------Buxton---------Forsyth

------------Bryson----------------------Hendrick

----------------------------Hughes

Russell------------------------------------------------Ward

-----------------------------Martin

Away from home, with Ward and Russell joining Martin in attack and trying to get the pieces from him in and around the box! 

I thought about this the other day. Almost a diamond midfield four, eustace sitting, Hendrick and bryson the traditional two centre mids, then Hughes almost in a free role.

Defo has its plus points, lack of width being the counter argument. Seems very positive for Clough as well.

I like the idea of 433, Hughes Hendrick and Bryson with ward, Russell wide and Martin or Sammon centrally.

Personally feel that Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson are three of our best four or five players. Making centre mid our strongest area. Makes sense to base your team around that area to me.

May not be popular with some but this would be my team for Brighton:

.................................................Grant................................................

Smith.....................Keogh...........................Buxton...............Forsyth

................................................Eustace..............................................

...............Coutts......................Hendrick.................Hughes..............

................................................Russell..............................................

.................................................Martin..................................................

Subs: Legs - Bryson - Sammon - Ward - Freeman - Gjokaj - Jacobs

Width must be provided by overlapping fullbacks in partnership with their midfielder (Coutts & Hughes). This is a side that will retain the ball. Wardy has been losing possession too easily.

Stick Hughes up front just behind a front 2

Sort the rest out yourselves, Eustace could be our Dave Mac, I know it's a winning formula.

Bit like our formation ala Jim smith promotion team. Triangle up front. Playmaker behind a big un and a speedy one.

Job done.

Exactly, stick Hughes behind the front two as an attacking mid. It is where he belongs and is most effective. 

Archived