Eustace Could Be Shoe Horned In.

Boycie

Stick Hughes up front just behind a front 2

Sort the rest out yourselves, Eustace could be our Dave Mac, I know it's a winning formula.

Bit like our formation ala Jim smith promotion team. Triangle up front. Playmaker behind a big un and a speedy one.

Job done.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would that mean Ward is dropped? I know some people don't rate him that highly but I still reckon he's one of our key players

lifes a bitch, lose Ward, but have Russell, bring Ward on as sub to replace Russell as and when.

We just need to teach Bryson to do the Eustace role  :lol: Ward behind Johnny and Chris/Sammon would work well I reckon

I don't think so, you need a player with an eye for a defence splitting pass. That my friend, is William Humphrey Hughes.

I think Will likes to get up field.

I like the whole idea of Hughes being behind the strikers, just don't like the idea of sacrificing Ward's attacking ability for Eustace's defensive ability. I'm probably being a bit biased though as Ward is one of my favourite players  :lol:

The problem with this is the full backs provide the width. Our full backs get a nose bleed crossing the half way line as Clough doesn't like them to. We would complain constantly at the lack of width....

ahh! That's why Brayford was sold, wouldn't stay back.

Archived