Classic Clough

Angry Ram

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree.

Bringing on a, lets face it, old man to see out a game is not the way to do it against a team like Blackburn. The only way to see a game like that out is to score a second goal, but it's same old same old in that Clough simply won't risk it to hunt for that second goal.

I cannot comment on the fitness of Johnny Russell but he didn't look too bad to me and to take him off when Clough did was a mistake.

Sammon also pissed me off in the short time he was on the pitch and it's safe to say not a great deal has changed from last season. In the latter stages of the game and after they had scored we had a goal kick punted up field by Grant that Sammon was OFF-SIDE from. Off-side from a goal kick?!! I'm sorry but its half a strikers job to make sure they're on side and that is from forward passes, if he can't ensure he's onside from a goalkick then he's useless!

Agree.

Bringing on a, lets face it, old man to see out a game is not the way to do it against a team like Blackburn. The only way to see a game like that out is to score a second goal, but it's same old same old in that Clough simply won't risk it to hunt for that second goal.

I cannot comment on the fitness of Johnny Russell but he didn't look too bad to me and to take him off when Clough did was a mistake.

Sammon also pissed me off in the short time he was on the pitch and it's safe to say not a great deal has changed from last season. In the latter stages of the game and after they had scored we had a goal kick punted up field by Grant that Sammon was OFF-SIDE from. Off-side from a goal kick?!! I'm sorry but its half a strikers job to make sure they're on side and that is from forward passes, if he can't ensure he's onside from a goalkick then he's useless!

Perhaps I am missing the irony here, but unless they have recently changed the law I thought, much like a throw or corner, you couldn't be offside from your goal kick?

Just seen the game in SKY.

Clough looked a nervous wreck on the bench, anyone else see him biting his nails and with his head in his hands?

Hughes and Russell looked mighty pissed sat behind him too.

Haha, always makes me laugh, the facial contortions and nervousness of managers on the bench. Fergie chewing a wad of gum, 'Arry twitching uncontrollably, Mourinho and AVB staring intensely like mass murderers, Scholari chain smoking......for those 90 minutes it must be absolute fookin hell for any manager.

Haha, always makes me laugh, the facial contortions and nervousness of managers on the bench. Fergie chewing a wad of gum, 'Arry twitching uncontrollably, Mourinho and AVB staring intensely like mass murderers, Scholari chain smoking......for those 90 minutes it must be absolute fookin hell for any manager.

I'll always remember Roy Hodgeson pulling a chipmunkesque face before repeatedly smashing his head in to a wall.

It's not splitting hairs. There's no offside in goal-kicks.

A KICK FROM THE GOALKEEPER. I apologise to those who take exception with what I said, I didn't mean a Goal-kick as such. Would you like me to edit my post or with my apology do?

Regardless, Sammon should not be off-side from Grant receiving the ball and kicking it upfield. You'd like to think having been on the pitch for such a short period of time and the situation being what it was that he was concentrating at the time. Apparently not

Archived