Theo Robinson

May Contain Nuts

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says we have received a fee in excess of 100k on our sky page...if its less than 400k I think Donny have grabbed a bargain & makes the boards statement of not selling our players cheap look a bit silly...not bothered what people say about his touch...he knew how to put the ball in the net & for me that is what a forwards main job is...

Good luck Theo..

Would you say we grabbed a bargain when we signed him from Millwall for 150k/300k?

Can't say I'm disappointed to see him go, although he scored a good few goals, a large majority came from tap ins, which is all well and good, but there is more to a striker than goals alone. You look at Martins performance against Brighton and how he holds the play up. Unfortunately Robinson was a very much one dimensional footballer, and his touches and passes were often sloppy, and not someone you need to be giving the ball away too often. He had Martin, Russell, Sammon, Ward and in a season possibly Bennett as well. I'd imagine he would of been on 3-4,000 a week, so it's probably best for the club and him to just move on.

I'm sure if Doncaster play to his strengths and get plenty of balls across the 6 yard box he'll score goals, but I wouldn't be too worried about him playing against us.

Never know, with Robinson now leaving for a fee and saving wages, maybe we could get that centre back in on loan for a couple of months?

Yeah, maybe not...

I'm sure he scored more goals than Sammon, but whose contribution was greater ??

Sammon's, by quite a margin. The amount of work Sammon got through last season was immense, and the team looked better for it. Theo seemed to be a player who either scored or wasted a position.

As for scoring alone though, Sammon got 8 goals and 5 assists, Theo got 8 goals.

The thing with Theo is that if he didn't think about what he was doing in front of goal, he would usually bang them in first time, scored a lot of goals with one touch. People comparing him to Sammon on here need to take stock that Theo did a lot of chasing down and harassing too, true maybe not have the physical prowess of Sammon, but I thought a much better finisher. Where as Sammon works very hard, Theo had that pace to get defenders into trouble. Yes it was time for him to go but he helped us through a transition phase in our club and I hope he goes on to score a few for Doncaster Rovers, as for getting £150000 for him. Decent money, wasn't so long ago we were cancelling and paying up players contracts because no one wanted our players? Least we are not giving them away now. Good luck Theo

Sammon's, by quite a margin. The amount of work Sammon got through last season was immense, and the team looked better for it. Theo seemed to be a player who either scored or wasted a position.As for scoring alone though, Sammon got 8 goals and 5 assists, Theo got 8 goals.

when you say 8 goals do you mean last season for both of them?

If so didn't Theo play a lot less games than sammon and the games he did play he was a sub? Does that technically mean he has a bigger impact, a 20 goal a season striker!?!

If not then I've probably lost my marbles.

Archived