Nigel in no rush to land central defender

Day

Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit there? Moore not a great player but played in top six teams so is a top six player?!

So if Derby finish in top six then that would make Buxton a top six player?

I was just highlighting there Strengths and weaknesses and Moore overall he was a top 6 player but I'm sure even he would admit he wasn't the best on the ball but as a defender he was a warrior.

Derby and Buxton haven't finished in the top 6.

Buxton and this team will never in a million years finish top 6 not a chance.

You can't finish that high with Buxton standard players.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just highlighting there Strengths and weaknesses and Moore overall he was a top 6 player but I'm sure even he would admit he wasn't the best on the ball but as a defender he was a warrior.

So you don't think our new singings are capable of improving us by 9 or 10 points?

So you don't think our new singings are capable of improving us by 9 or 10 points?

Not sure to be honest like Granty and Russell and Martin to be fair.

Defence is a key position if we don't get a decent CB no chance.

Also these negative subs will not stop that's why Eustace was signed.

Everyone should get up and leave the stadium when he get on because why would any one want to watch that style you get with him.

Not sure to be honest like Granty and Russell and Martin to be fair.

Defence is a key position if we don't get a decent CB no chance.

Also these negative subs will not stop that's why Eustace was signed.

Everyone should get up and leave the stadium when he get on because why would any one want to watch that style you get with him.

Don't think it was the centre backs that cost us points yesterday.

As already stated the most potent striker in this division hardly had a sniff.

Not sure what more you wanted from them yesterday.

Don't think it was the centre backs that cost us points yesterday.

As already stated the most potent striker in this division hardly had a sniff.

Not sure what more you wanted from them yesterday.

Wasn't blaming them for yesterday defence wasn't good enough last season and its the same CB pair.

Yeah Granty should help but I don't rate Buxton never had.

He had a few shaky moments yesterday that he got away with, but on another day.

Rhodes great poacher but not a fan myself he don't do a lot else does he?

Like a better version of Theo Robinson no way worth £8M.

**** me if he's worth that I want £20 up front with add ons for Will Hughes

Wasn't blaming them for yesterday defence wasn't good enough last season and its the same CB pair.

Yeah Granty should help but I don't rate Buxton never had.

He had a few shaky moments yesterday that he got away with, but on another day.

Rhodes great poacher but not a fan myself he don't do a lot else does he?

Like a better version of Theo Robinson no way worth £8M.

**** me if he's worth that I want £20 up front with add ons for Will Hughes

£20? I'd want at least £25!

Let's be honest after all his injury's Barkers best days are behind him.

And at his best was he ever a top 6 defender?

Certainly not with us, what about Blackpool?

Mid table player deffo as that's what he has been all his career so why do people think we don't need a centre half to achieve top 6 even if he does make a full recovery?

Let's be honest after all his injury's Barkers best days are behind him.

And at his best was he ever a top 6 defender?

Certainly not with us, what about Blackpool?

Mid table player deffo as that's what he has been all his career so why do people think we don't need a centre half to achieve top 6 even if he does make a full recovery?

I personally don't think he'll be back to full fitness and would have him in a coaching role at the club because he's a great ambassador. But the role he played before his injury, led by example and put his body on the line and was reliable.

For the time Eustace was on the pitch he looked more of a captain than Keogh.

So if Buxton played in Barcelonas team they wouldn't finish top 6 in the championship -  :o my word!!  :ph34r:

So if Buxton played in Barcelonas team they wouldn't finish top 6 in the championship - :o my word!! :ph34r:

Buxton wouldn't play for Barcelona mate or anyone good for that matter hence the lack of offers.

Derby is above his level just fortunate his ex manager and probably pal is giving him a chance not 1 other manager in the football league gave him (funny that)

In reality if Clough was to go it wouldn't take long for Buxton to start dropping down the leagues again (that's if anyone wants him? Cloughys next club by any chance?)

Buxton wouldn't play for Barcelona mate or anyone good for that matter hence the lack of offers.

Derby is above his level just fortunate his ex manager and probably pal is giving him a chance not 1 other manager in the football league gave him (funny that)

In reality if Clough was to go it wouldn't take long for Buxton to start dropping down the leagues again (that's if anyone wants him? Cloughys next club by any chance?)

Could say the same for Keogh though, Keogh isn't much better - I don't get why people think he is, both are average but possess different qualities! 

Strange that you should say that. He was playing in the football league way before he went to Burton Albion, he has 220+ football league appearances to his name.

Where he was relegated out of the league and released.

Are you sure that he wasn't offered a new contract, or did you just choose to ignore that part?

Let me help you with that - When Mansfield FC were relegated (not just Buxton) he was offered a new contract but wanted to stay in the football league. As it happens he joined Burton Albion (where he was outstanding) who that season came top of the Conference (largely due to NC) and he ended up back in the league.

Are you sure that he wasn't offered a new contract, or did you just choose to ignore that part?

Let me help you with that - When Mansfield FC were relegated (not just Buxton) he was offered a new contract but wanted to stay in the football league. As it happens he joined Burton Albion (where he was outstanding) who that season came top of the Conference (largely due to NC) and he ended up back in the league.

He then had a trial with Crewe, Crewe FFS and they didn't think he was good enough for them and the only other offer he had was a conference team.

Archived