Nigel in no rush to land central defender

David

If and when Nigel wants one -

Not shifting the blame, the buck or anything. It's more a case of if and when Nigel finds one that would be better than we have.

Why sign one when we have Barker and OB to come back from injury (I spoke to OB on Saturday before the WB game and he said he'd be fit by September.

We have Gjokai to cover for injury until then.

Why pay out for a player we may never need.

When is Barker going to back, isn't it January? Even if he returns it will take more time to get any sort of match fitness back. OB return is about on schedule if he is back then.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel sorry for OB, had it rough with illness and injuries but I don't feel comfortable including him in our plans. Would love it if he could come back and stay clear of injuries.

Barker another that's had it rough, sadly age isn't on his side, Keogh and Barker at CB lovely if fully fit but sadly I don't think we'll see the best of him again.

Gjokaj, I don't see how we can be including him, didn't even get a game at Carlisle on loan. Would like to see him sent out on loan again for the season, League 2 maybe or even a top half Blue Square side.

Central defender in before September 1st for me, we need to find that right player as a matter of urgency even if its a 3 month loan now and I hate loans, can't go into the season looking at playing players out of position as backup and hoping OB can stay fit, no offence OB.

This isn't BCO either it's CBI.

As far as a top 6 Championship side goes in my opinion we are not strong enough at centre back. The young, inexperienced and injured cannot be relied upon. The spine of the team needs to be reliable. New centre back should have come in by now, I certainly hope one does very soon.

We have £1M plus and people don't want us to improve the squad!

Really?

You should always be looking for better players.

How many more times Buxton is NOT is NOT a top 6 championship player and until we replace him with one we will not be a top 6 team.

We have £1M plus and people don't want us to improve the squad!

Really?

You should always be looking for better players.

How many more times Buxton is NOT is NOT a top 6 championship player and until we replace him with one we will not be a top 6 team.

But the important things is that NC thinks he is a top 6 defender, he works with him everyday and judges him on what he can do not where he came from.

Why would NC not be on the look out for better players? of course he is, that is the way that the team has been evolving.

But the important things is that NC thinks he is a top 6 defender, he works with him everyday and judges him on what he can do not where he came from.

Why would NC not be on the look out for better players? of course he is, that is the way that the team has been evolving.

If so we will see, but right or wrong there are many who don't agree.

Then we have to question his judgement.

well i've read through this topic again and again but i cant see what bucko did wrong today against a very good very comfortable team of premiership players who slaughtered us just afew months ago and who would walk this league if they found some consistency. hold on its just come to me, he was free and played for burton albion and it wasnt him at all who got on the end of. 99% of blackburns punts forward. maybe i've missed something i can only say in my defence i'm a mere supporter unlike so many on here who have played profesional football and managed succesfully too in englands scond tier!

well i've read through this topic again and again but i cant see what bucko did wrong today against a very good very comfortable team of premiership players who slaughtered us just afew months ago and who would walk this league if they found some consistency. hold on its just come to me, he was free and played for burton albion and it wasnt him at all who got on the end of. 99% of blackburns punts forward. maybe i've missed something i can only say in my defence i'm a mere supporter unlike so many on here who have played profesional football and managed succesfully too in englands scond tier!

Don't joke about their credentials, they'll eat you alive!

Name the "Premiership players" in Blackburn's side, they finished 4 points off the drop last season!

They are not a Premiership team, the are a weak Championship team.

I don't care where Buxton came from, I'd much prefer it if we got all our players from the conference as they be cheaper in terms of transfer fee and wages. What I do care about is that he is not good enough for a Championship team, never mind one that has designs on a top half finish. After seeing people saying they had watched the West Brom game on Rams Player and only saw one mistake from Buxton in 90 minutes I genuinely had high hopes that he had perhaps improved. Those hopes were dashed in the first 60 seconds. His game was littered with poor passes, clumsy challenges and unforced errors, never mind the foul on Rhodes that would have been a penalty with any referee other than Attwell.

Just out of interest how often did you have to defend John Brayford with the arguement that, 'he only gets criticised because he used to play for Burton'? I would imagine you never did because he was good enough to play for Derby, Buxton is not. That arguement is lazy, blinkered and frustrating - as is the 'what do they know, they've never played professional football'. Using that arguement means that the likes of Jose Mourinho know nothing.

I have always been a big supporter of Clough but his substitutions yesterday on top of this judgement - with Buxton - that you can only get through playing professional football makes me seriously wonder if I have been wrong for the last 4 years.

They are not a Premiership team, the are a weak Championship team.

I don't care where Buxton came from, I'd much prefer it if we got all our players from the conference as they be cheaper in terms of transfer fee and wages. What I do care about is that he is not good enough for a Championship team, never mind one that has designs on a top half finish. After seeing people saying they had watched the West Brom game on Rams Player and only saw one mistake from Buxton in 90 minutes I genuinely had high hopes that he had perhaps improved. Those hopes were dashed in the first 60 seconds. His game was littered with poor passes, clumsy challenges and unforced errors, never mind the foul on Rhodes that would have been a penalty with any referee other than Attwell.

Just out of interest how often did you have to defend John Brayford with the arguement that, 'he only gets criticised because he used to play for Burton'? I would imagine you never did because he was good enough to play for Derby, Buxton is not. That arguement is lazy, blinkered and frustrating - as is the 'what do they know, they've never played professional football'. Using that arguement means that the likes of Jose Mourinho know nothing.

I have always been a big supporter of Clough but his substitutions yesterday on top of this judgement - with Buxton - that you can only get through playing professional football makes me seriously wonder if I have been wrong for the last 4 years.

So right this.

Buxton, Eustace & Sammon need to go if this club wants to finish top 6

Really don't understand the negativity regarding Buxton, he was up against the leagues top scorer yesterday and never really gave him a sniff.

A few hopeful punts second half but he wasn't exactly overloaded with options.

Quite a few would argue there is not much between him and Keogh...our current player of the year.

Just out of interest was Darren Moore a 'top six centre back'?

Really don't understand the negativity regarding Buxton, he was up against the leagues top scorer yesterday and never really gave him a sniff.

A few hopeful punts second half but he wasn't exactly overloaded with options.

Quite a few would argue there is not much between him and Keogh...our current player of the year.

Just out of interest was Darren Moore a 'top six centre back'?

Darren Moore lets see, Bradford top 6 and promotion, WBA top 6 and promotion, Derby top 6 and promotion.

I would say yes he was.

Whilst there about the same on the ball and movement wise, Moore was a man mountain and hardly ever if ever even got beat in the air.

Buxton Small, limited and slow as ****, a strikers dream really.

Darren Moore lets see, Bradford top 6 and promotion, WBA top 6 and promotion, Derby top 6 and promotion.

I would say yes he was.

Whilst there about the same on the ball and movement wise, Moore was a man mountain and hardly ever if ever even got beat in the air.

How often is Bucko beaten in the air? If that's the only difference you can find between him and Darren Moore then you have a long way to go to convince me he isn't good enough

I would say yes he was.

People forgot how good Moore was in that promotion season, I think that season  in the Prem, when he wasn't up to it anymore sadly makes Moore look worse that he was. Moore was on the highest regarded 2nd tier defenders in the early/mid 2000s, maybe wasn't up to PL level but still had a career many players could only dream off, he was a top bloke as well.

I would say yes he was.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit there? Moore not a great player but played in top six teams so is a top six player?!

So if Derby finish in top six then that would make Buxton a top six player?

Archived