John Terry
Martin Kelly
Rio Ferdinand
Michael Dawson

Mattehew Upson (just moved)

Jamie Carragher

Ledley King

West Brown

It's got to be one of them, hmmm... I call bullshit. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Cahill

Phil Jagielka

Phil Jones

Joleon Lescott

Chris Smalling

Steven Caulker

Ryan Shawcross

John Terry

Martin Kelly

Rio Ferdinand

Michael Dawson

Mattehew Upson (just moved)

Jamie Carragher

Ledley King

West Brown

It's got to be one of them, hmmm... I call bullshit. 

You just made me realize why England don't have much success in major tournaments... :o

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/#!/articles/news/article/19573805

DERBY County already have targets in mind as they look to bolster their defensive options after accepting a bid from Cardiff City for John Brayford.

Brayford underwent a medical yesterday and the right-back is expected to complete his move to the Welsh club today.

The fee is undisclosed but the Derby Telegraph understands it is in the region of £2m.

DEAL

orangeries

Abbey Glass Derby

Print voucher View details

The figure is made up of £1.5m down plus add-ons for appearances and Cardiff staying in the Premier League.

Derby also have a sell-on clause.

Brayford is entering the final 12 months of his current contract at Pride Park and manager Nigel Clough had planned further discussions over a new deal with the player until Cardiff made their move.

The Rams said in a statement: "After holding discussions with the player, who is entering the final year of his contract, the offer has been accepted after he expressed a strong desire to make the move and test himself at the highest level of English football.

"The fee is to remain undisclosed and the player has been given permission to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

"Derby are committed to continuing to strengthen the squad in advance of the 2013-14 season and expect additions to be made in due course."

It is unlikely a new face will arrive before tomorrow's final friendly of pre-season against West Bromwich Albion at Pride Park (3pm).

Kieron Freeman will start at right-back against West Brom and Clough has said he would have no problem putting the 21-year-old in.

But Clough could opt to sign a right-back and Derby have two names in mind, I understand.

Brayford also offers the Rams cover at centre-back, importantly.

Richard Keogh and Jake Buxton will start the Championship campaign at the heart of the defence.

However, with Shaun Barker and Mark O'Brien sidelined, options when it comes to centre-backs who are tried and tested in the Championship are limited.

With this in mind, another central defender is also likely to be in the manager's thoughts.

Brayford deserves a crack at the Premier League.

He has given Derby three good years and has shown remarkable consistency since he signed from Crewe Alexandra in the summer of 2010.

The 25-year-old has made 117 appearances, all but one of them starts, and scored four goals.

He was player of the year in his first season at the club.

Cardiff showed interest in the player in January and Derby recently turned down a bid, in the region of £1m, from Wigan Athletic.

What on earth has happened to Naylor? When we bought him there was apparently interest in him from Premier League clubs. He filled in well for Brayford in several games during the season before last, and the consensus was that he did well. He appeared to have one poor game (was he even at left back?) and he's completely out of favour.

There must be more to the story. He's a young, and previously promising centre-back, who can easily fill in at right-back. He's got some Championship experience. Seemingly he's just what we need to fill in the gaps in our squad. So why has he not even played in a first team friendly - even the consistently awful O'Connor has done that.

What on earth has happened to Naylor? When we bought him there was apparently interest in him from Premier League clubs. He filled in well for Brayford in several games during the season before last, and the consensus was that he did well. He appeared to have one poor game (was he even at left back?) and he's completely out of favour.

There must be more to the story. He's a young, and previously promising centre-back, who can easily fill in at right-back. He's got some Championship experience. Seemingly he's just what we need to fill in the gaps in our squad. So why has he not even played in a first team friendly - even the consistently awful O'Connor has done that.

Grimsby fans liked him if you can squeeze that in there somewhere 

What on earth has happened to Naylor? When we bought him there was apparently interest in him from Premier League clubs. He filled in well for Brayford in several games during the season before last, and the consensus was that he did well. He appeared to have one poor game (was he even at left back?) and he's completely out of favour.There must be more to the story. He's a young, and previously promising centre-back, who can easily fill in at right-back. He's got some Championship experience. Seemingly he's just what we need to fill in the gaps in our squad. So why has he not even played in a first team friendly - even the consistently awful O'Connor has done that.

I watched him against Buxton I don't think he won one header and he played *****

I heard a rumour about moving for Johnson a few weeks back, something like it being a straight battle between us and Millwall to sign him for a nominal fee just so Wolves could get him off the wage bill.

Apparently he's on £25k at Wolves so I reckon even if he's prepared to take a drop he will likely be beyond our means.

Personally I wouldn't go there after his performances for Wolves, we're not really a team that can afford to make that gamble.

Archived