Brayford replacement

-JW-

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who is available and would good enough to keep us out of the bottom 3??

What about the Robinson kid from Liverpool we were interested in a couple of seasons back??

Left back not a right back. This is not a good deal, we lose coutts and Brayford in this one. No one is going to be able to gel that quick.

I'm starting to think this money will be swolled up, Is anyone else worried that Freeman has already been out injured in pre-season with a strain. Brayford was our centre half cover as well. I really think this is going to make major problems.

Left back not a right back. This is not a good deal, we lose coutts and Brayford in this one. No one is going to be able to gel that quick.

I'm starting to think this money will be swolled up, Is anyone else worried that Freeman has already been out injured in pre-season with a strain. Brayford was our centre half cover as well. I really think this is going to make major problems.

Don't worry we can allways play with 3 at the back :)

If we get £1.3m upfront and we owe Crewe 15% that leaves us with £1.1M (unless my maths is completely out). Does not leave much for replacements.

We also don't know what the score is with the wages. I doubt JB was on a big wedge so there may not be much room for maneuver on the wage bill.

If we get £1.3m upfront and we owe Crewe 15% that leaves us with £1.1M (unless my maths is completely out). Does not leave much for replacements.

We also don't know what the score is with the wages. I doubt JB was on a big wedge so there may not be much room for maneuver on the wage bill.

Don't forget, we benefit from the same rules as everyone else - i.e. we don't have to pay it all up front either!!!

Here's what I would do.

Sign a quality CB

Then get a young fullback on loan from a prem team. Because what we also need to remember is that before this Freeman was our second choice left back. So a loanee who can play RB and LB would be perfect.

Leon Barnett as the CB signing?

Your maths is out

It's 15% of profits so unless we got Brayford for free then we don't owe Crewe 200k.

We paid somewhere around 500k for Brayford I think as part of a deal including Bailey - maybe more.

So we would owe Crewe 120k at worse maybe less.

Archived