R.I.P. Barbara Clough

cannable

RIP Barbara, my thoughts are with the family.

Nigel is a brave and strong man, my hat goes off to him here, he's had to brave cameras and the football club after this has happened, and put on a brave face.

Absolutely inspiring for me, I can tell anyone now, I couldn't do what he has done.

Well done Barbara for bringing up and holding together such a fantastic family of true, real heroes. None of them more a hero than her.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should definitely celebrate her life & show our respects at the first game of the season.

As Sloop John B is such a popular & adaptable football chant these days,can I suggest Barbara-Ann by the Beach Boys, tastefully changed to

Ba-Ba-Ba! Ba-Barbara Clough!

Ba-Ba-Ba! Ba-Barbara Clough!

Sad news,

Came across as a humble, warm, strong woman. I'm sure she will be missed by those who knew her. A fitting tribute at the first game of the season would be nice, if Nigel and family approve. She's probably as important to the club's success in the good old days as OBE himself!

Top lady

RIP

Well said Mostyn

perhaps we could do what has become our traditional clap-in on a strategic minute  and sing our version of the Beachboys song at the same time.   We will already have done the minutes silence before the game  -  surely ??

Wow this is out the blue.

Just watched "Clough: the greatest manager england never had" only last night.

Barbara is heavily featured and she absolutely loved this club. Can't believe she was 84 for one mintue.

RIP

Too many DCFC connections have passed away this year, way too many.

Archived