Inter-Forum PREMIER Positions Game 2013-14

daib0

organized by Sunderland’s Black Cat Chat, Reading's RR, and TOTT forums

The game that I've titled is already well established, several seasons running now. But this season we’re going big time – should be over 30 individual club forums involved. The Sunderland ‘Black Cat Chat’ forum does the real work all during the season. I am the representative from the Reading’s Royals Rendezvous, and we also have had a strong Liverpool group too helping out too. Talk of the Terrace are also going to be a point of reference for all this coming season.

And it’s dead easy! You simply guess ONCE (now!) what you think will be the final league positions for the Premier League 2013-14 (that’s all teams, in order 1st to 20th), leave them on this thread, and then sit back and enjoy! Nothing more!!

Why the attraction of all this you may well ask?! Well, it’s now some time since we had the days of the BBC 606 fans forum service – most will remember it closed in June 2011, and still missed despite the fact we sometimes went over the top –  so this is an ideal way to keep us all together still.

This game will initially take you a couple of minutes, and then enjoy without having to make updates at all, all season. Right, below are the current 20 Premier teams in alphabetical order – simply copy these onto your PC and re-arrange them in your finishing order come the end of the 2013-14 season:

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Cardiff City

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Everton

Fulham

Hull City

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Newcastle United

Norwich City

Southampton

Stoke City

Sunderland

Swansea City

Tottenham Hotspur

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham United

According to your choices you score lots of, or better still few, points. And how do you score points?

Scoring is as follows:

For each team you score one point for each place away from its predicted position. Example - if you predict Sunderland to finish 9th and they finish 9th, you score 0 points (excellent predicting). If they finish 13th you score 4 points or if they finish 7th you score 2 points. Therefore, the nearer you get to the exact position and have less points mounting up the better.  I will endeavour to make updates at the beginning of every month during the season out of interest, but all leaderboards during the season are given for interest.

IMPORTANT! - The big winners are the people who have LEAST points after the final game has been played.

The table positions won’t change position so much in the later stages of the season so … how can we maintain interest to the end you might be thinking?! Well, this season we have MONTHLY rewards for those in the top positions! That’s points rewards for the highest positions at the end of every month (calculating from the REAL table on the 31st at 11.59pm!!).

Here's the idea:

1st spot - take off 5 bonus points from score, so score dips even lower

2nd - take off 4 bonus points

3rd - take off 3 bonus points

4th - take off 2 bonus points

5th - take off 1 bonus point

Bonus Points for the most successful - Positions 1 to 5 includes tied points so there may well be far more than 5 people involved. Their position for the deduction will be based on their (true) teams' score, not taking any previous deductions into account which you do keep all season of course on your overall total .

Also, where forums have an entry of a minimum of five people there will be a ‘board average’ too, thus you’ll be able to see how your forum copes against many of the others. I believe it’s an average set against a yardstick of averages and not a simple add up and divide, but the order of forums will always be correct. We’ll also have some notable entries from media, press and public figures to spice it up too. And any individual can enter too, without being affiliated to any football forum, no problem there, in which case go to Royals Rendezvous  in "Rivals, but Friends" where just in this section any non-registered member is able to post. But over 90% of entries will probably come from well-known sites like yours ... which is what I encourage.

Just one plea - Please use the team names given above, it's a pain in the a**e translating entries from WBA or W.B.A., or putting Manure or Chelski or worse etc, so that the Sunderland automatic process stands some chance. Although you may know who the **** are, the computer doesn't! Thanks!! 

And enjoy it!  But think hard before committing pen to paper, this selection will last you all season!! (If you change opinion and ideas, then please make a new post and not simply edit, in case I don't get to read your change).

ALL entries in before kick-off day in the Premier which is 17th AUGUST 2013 (and if possible don't leave it to the final day, it will strangle us!!!).

daib0

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s dead easy, as I said. Here’s my entry …

Manchester City

Chelsea

Manchester United

Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool

Arsenal

West Ham United

West Bromwich Albion

Everton

Sunderland

Newcastle United

Fulham

Stoke City

Norwich City

Swansea City

Cardiff City

Crystal Palace

Hull City

Southampton

Aston Villa

Your post will look like this, but with your order. Please copy and paste the teams so the spelling is similar, this is a plea from the organizers!

Please don’t get offended with my selection, whether a team too high or too low,  every place has to be occupied with a team, it’s never personal!

OK, get them coming in lads … we do all the rest! Plenty of time yet, the premier season doesn’t start till the 17th August!!

But already nearly 100 guesses in from a dozen club forums in barely 24 hours … looking most promising. Top entries so far –

HULL CITY – Not 606 Hull board 19

NEWCASTLE - The Toon Forum 14

FULHAM – Friends of Fulham 12

BARNSLEY – Talk of the Tarn Forum 10

READING – Royals Rendezvous 9

CARDIFF – Cardiff City Forum 5

Talk Of The Terrace (National Forum) 4

BLACKBURN – Roverstalk 3

PS - if I have placed this topic in the wrong section, then of course please transfer it to where best it should be ...

Manchester United

Manchester City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Tottenham Hotspur

Arsenal

Norwich City

Swansea City

West Ham United

Aston Villa

Fulham

West Bromwich Albion

Newcastle United

Everton

Southampton

Sunderland

Cardiff City

Stoke City

Crystal Palace

Hull City

Boom

Manchester City

Chelsea

Manchester United

Tottenham Hotspur

Arsenal

Liverpool

Swansea City

Fulham

Everton

West Ham United

Southampton

Sunderland

Aston Villa

Newcastle United

West Bromwich Albion

Cardiff City

Norwich City

Stoke City

Hull City

Crystal Palace

Welcome back to the Championship btw, daib0. Not much has changed apart from the best team is Udinese and Celtic are better than all of us.

Cheers!

I have to admit, a real shame for me personally as the Royals endured a … sorry to say deserved relegation. One season up is tough, too many tears in being a yo-yo club!  But things are still positive our end, never mind with the Russian guy at the helm, let's see. How positive are you guys?

Is there a table for last season? Which forum won the average? I entered last season, then saw nothing else of it.

Humm, one thing was the FA Cup Upsets game, but the Premier Positions Game was only done with a few Premier clubs as far as I was aware - the top ten were virtually all Liverpool FC Forum and Sunderland Black Cat Chat members except for three, with Sunderland getting the best forum award:

40.--.PepeReina25

44.--.Fez

46.--.Data

48.--.SAFCLee

48.--.fletch_rox

48.--.Phoenix

48.--.S@int:

48.--.shepperton urz

50.--.Leadbelly

50.--.Tufty

But that was before the bonus points scheme we're doing this season. And it's now it's worth opening it all up - we've now got 18 Forums in already ... looking most promising ...

Cheers!

I have to admit, a real shame for me personally as the Royals endured a … sorry to say deserved relegation. One season up is tough, too many tears in being a yo-yo club!  But things are still positive our end, never mind with the Russian guy at the helm, let's see. How positive are you guys?

Well pretty much everyone on here has put you lot down to go back up. Being a yo-yo club isn't necessarily a bad thing, you've got a bit more of a pull on players now (e.g. Drenthe) and you've stuck with your core squad which is constantly improving.

It's play-offs or bust for Clough, so we're expecting a good season. Some of the play in the team in pre-season has looked good and Johnny Russell's scoring for fun, so we're hopeful. Looking at some other teams, I think us making it might rely on you lot being the only good ones out of the relegated trio, we can't afford for QPR and Wigan to be any good this season.

Manchester United

Chelsea

Manchester City

Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspurs

Liverpool

Swansea City

Southampton

West Bromich Albion

West Ham United

Fulham

Newcastle United

Norwich City

Everton

Cardiff City

Stoke City

Sunderland

Hull City

Aston Villa

Crystal Palace

Manchester United

Manchester City

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur

Arsenal

Liverpool

Swansea City

Everton

West Ham United

Fulham

Norwich City

West Bromwich Albion

Southampton

Aston Villa

Sunderland

Newcastle United

Cardiff City

Stoke City

Crystal Palace

Hull City

Humm, one thing was the FA Cup Upsets game, but the Premier Positions Game was only done with a few Premier clubs as far as I was aware - the top ten were virtually all Liverpool FC Forum and Sunderland Black Cat Chat members except for three, with Sunderland getting the best forum award:

40.--.PepeReina25

44.--.Fez

46.--.Data

48.--.SAFCLee

48.--.fletch_rox

48.--.Phoenix

48.--.S@int:

48.--.shepperton urz

50.--.Leadbelly

50.--.Tufty

But that was before the bonus points scheme we're doing this season. And it's now it's worth opening it all up - we've now got 18 Forums in already ... looking most promising ...

Ah ok thanks, I'm getting muddled with the cupsets game! Is there a link to see what's what during the season?

Chelsea

Manchester United

Manchester City

Liverpool

Tottenham

Arsenal

Swansea City

Southampton

Sunderland

West Bromwich Albion

Norwich

Everton

Fulham

West Ham United

Aston Villa

Cardiff City

Newcastle United

Stoke City

Crystal Palace

Hull City

Ah ok thanks, I'm getting muddled with the cupsets game! Is there a link to see what's what during the season?

Well, for the moment we're putting all the eggs in this basket, it's good fun when it gets going, but it's taking an unbelievable amount of time organizing it initially, my missus is not too happy this week! I'm also doing a Championship positions game on Royals Rendezvous, but it's more of an internal thing as it only goes on top 6, bottom 3 and Reading's position, but is a monthly prediction game.

I'd like to do the Inter-Forum FA Cup Upsets game Round 3 and 4 just after Christmas, but can't think so far ahead yet ...

organized by Sunderland’s Black Cat Chat, Reading's RR, and TOTT forums

Just one plea - Please use the team names given above, it's a pain in the a**e translating entries from WBA or W.B.A., or putting Manure or Chelski or worse etc, so that the Sunderland automatic process stands some chance. Although you may know who the **** are, the computer doesn't! Thanks!! 

daib0

Typical , read the rules , Daveo..

WBA, Palace, Man City , Man utd , Spurs etc , to name but a few..

Archived