derby preseason so far

B4ev6is

I think hendrick has lost his place at the moment.

Clough didn't say that the team starting at Brizzle would be his starting XI for Blackburn - he said 'not far off'. There are also two friendlies to go, and I would think that a couple of places may still be up for grabs.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what your thinking is there rammynutty......I honestly believe Jeff will be immense this season.

Maybe....he looks stronger every year

But he may not start.....as i think NC prefers bryson, hughes, coutts

If Jeff can pick up from where he left off last season there's no way he'll be warming the bench. I was one of his biggest critics for his form August-Dec but after that he stood out for us in so many games. 

I'll be disappointed if he's left out for the opener. I think him, Bryson and Hughes should play. Stuff yer 442 Nige! 

His selection of Hendrick over the last two seasons dunna back that up.

But its different now.

Then he was often pushing ward up front and sticking hughes on the left

Now russell is up front, and ward back on the left.....moving hughes to the middle.

Jeff doesn't realise how good he is. His performances for Ireland and the realisation that he can boss players in this league will see a confident, stronger player. He's gonna be a decent premiership player shortly.

For Derby btw!

I agree that as he gets stronger, he gets better.

And he's looking in great shape.

But its different now.

Then he was often pushing ward up front and sticking hughes on the left

Now russell is up front, and ward back on the left.....moving hughes to the middle.

The team will evolve, its not your concern. Others are paid to decide who plays where......whatever, Jeff is good enough, strong enough, skilfull enough and has enough goal threat to force his way into the team.

The team will evolve, its not your concern. Others are paid to decide who plays where......whatever, Jeff is good enough, strong enough, skilfull enough and has enough goal threat to force his way into the team.

Lol.....yeah whatever....

its the opinion of others i'm talking about.

Personally i'd have hendrick and hughes with bryson in the holding role.....but its not my concern obviously.

....even if it is a forum.

Personally i'd have hendrick and hughes with bryson in the holding role.....but its not my concern obviously.

Bryson's biggest attribute is his engine. He's box to box. But you'd have him holding? Bizarre.

You are powerless in the great scheme of things. As in 1969, 1987, 1995, 2007, &  2014, the Rams will go up regardless of our opinions.

Accept it.

Bryson's biggest attribute is his engine. He's box to box. But you'd have him holding? Bizarre.

Not standing around......snapping at ankles like willie carlin,

And i'd rather hughes was further forward.

Strange way of judging it. But Hendrick is far better than Daryl Powell....

Not yet, he's not. Darryl Powell ended up a reasonably established Premiership player and was immensely strong in our promotion year (after a slow start at centre back) - limited in skill, but the midfield destroyer we needed to allow for the better players to flourish.

He started looking less useful when the "better" players started hiding in the pitch.

Hendrick has the potential to be better than Powell, but at the moment he's not.

Or there is one other opatin i think this might sound crazy but we could try jeff hendrick as a make shift striker if we need too.

'd/13/07/22/ruhahyvy' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

B4, that's nonsense...

As for pre-season form, despite not having any bearing on, or indicate how we'll perform in the league it does have a big effect on morale within the squad. I remember from my playing days you didn't look forward to the first game of the season half as much if you've been tonked in every friendly...

Archived