derby preseason so far

B4ev6is

And half Spanish! ;) but I think technically there's far better teams in European second tiers than ours, ours is more kick and rush, point is if derby play as well as they can we could be the best technical team in this league. We could rip it apart if we go down the technical ability route as I believe we have one of the best midfields in the league

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't call winning only 52% of our home games as 'unstoppble'

It was a solid home form.. In fact the 5th best, but some of the others were quite low points wise.. We collected 43 points from 23 home games, that's not even the standard 2 points per game which you usually associate with a top home form..

Sorry, I got excited again... it was good though, like you say. 

Being 'realistic' which you're usually very good at... if our home form continued in the same vain as last season but we matched it away, we'd more than likely be right up there wouldn't we? 

I know it's not as simple as that but you know what I mean, surely the league won't have changed much this season?

Sorry, I got excited again... it was good though, like you say. 

Being 'realistic' which you're usually very good at... if our home form continued in the same vain as last season but we matched it away, we'd more than likely be right up there wouldn't we? 

I know it's not as simple as that but you know what I mean, surely the league won't have changed much this season?

If we can win around 13 home games (plus a few solid draws) and improve our away record we stand a chance..

Last year we took 43 home points.. For the playoff average of 73, that would require 30 points away from home.. We took 27 away points in 2011/12.. So it's not impossible..

Even last season the likes of Sheff Wed (27), Huddersfield (27), P'Boro (25) and Millwall (28) got close to that figure..

If we improve our home record this season we'll have a very good chance of making the playoffs because our away form surely must improve?

It shouldn't be that hard to achieve then should it?

It's got to Bris, it's not funny anymore... Derby fans, me included are extremely good at looking on the bright side and for some reason enjoy mocking poor results. I've had enough now, for me the club have just about done enough, Cloughie has done his best, the lads seem ready now.... so let's get into them and f*ck 'em up. 

A decent start and some early good results away from home could make a huge difference. I think it's as much about confidence away from home as it is about tactics or anything else. I doubt we'll be worse than last season and you'd hope our home form could match last season's, so all in all I think we'll accumulate more points overall. Whether that's enough remains to be seen but a good start is very, very important to our aspirations IMO...

I've only seen us play the once so far (Bohemians) because of flipping work, and I was probably drunk anyway, but I've got this really strange feeling that it's all going very well so far.

Watch some bugger spoil it. 

I've only seen us play the once so far (Bohemians) because of flipping work, and I was probably drunk anyway, but I've got this really strange feeling that it's all going very well so far.

Watch some bugger spoil it. 

Rory Delap to snap JR in two on Tuesday?

Its a long season.

What happens in july is irrelevant to what happens in february or march.

However it gives us hope for august september and october.

But we have only played lower league teams so far.

We have played pretty football before but failed to turn it into chances against better opposition.

I'm sure forsyth is better than roberts.

I'm sure johnny russell will improve us.

I'm less certain that grant will make much difference.

There is some similarity to when ron willems, powell, van der laan etc came together and the jigsaw suddenly comes together

....but we need a stimac.

Hoult v grant = draw 0-0

Rowett v brayford = brayford 1-0

Powell v forsyth = powell 1-1

Yates v keogh = draw 1-1

Stimac v bucko........oh fck..... its igor so 1- 4

Van der laan v hughes = hughes 2- 4

Powell v coutts = draw 2- 4

Carsley v bryson = bryson.....just 3- 4

Sturridge v russell = draw ? 3- 4

Ward v martin = ward 3- 5

Willems v ward = that depends on wardy 3- 5

Its just igor.......

These freindlies are all well and good - but I'm slightly miffed that there's no bloody points to show for it.

If we can start the league in the same way - cos all the signs are good - I'll be well chuffed.

Just wish it would start, proper fed up with waiting now.

Its a long season.

What happens in july is irrelevant to what happens in february or march.

However it gives us hope for august september and october.

But we have only played lower league teams so far.

We have played pretty football before but failed to turn it into chances against better opposition.

I'm sure forsyth is better than roberts.

I'm sure johnny russell will improve us.

I'm less certain that grant will make much difference.

There is some similarity to when ron willems, powell, van der laan etc came together and the jigsaw suddenly comes together

....but we need a stimac.

Hoult v grant = draw 0-0

Rowett v brayford = brayford 1-0

Powell v forsyth = powell 1-1

Yates v keogh = draw 1-1

Stimac v bucko........oh fck..... its igor so 1- 4

Van der laan v hughes = hughes 2- 4

Powell v coutts = draw 2- 4

Carsley v bryson = bryson.....just 3- 4

Sturridge v russell = draw ? 3- 4

Ward v martin = ward 3- 5

Willems v ward = that depends on wardy 3- 5

Its just igor.......

Strange way of judging it. But Hendrick is far better than Daryl Powell....

Nothing we do in pre-season changes our standing in the league whatsoever - and that much is true.

But if we were losing games, or conceding goals then I would be worried. 

As it stands, we've had only good omens - I first choice defence is yet to concede a goal afterall, and 10 different players have scored - following a similar pattern to what I was expecting with our new signing banging the majority for himself. 

I think we're playing well enough to be at the top top end of the championship, there is certain things we needed to do better - one of them was putting our chances away, I find it difficult to believe there was a team in the league that missed as many chances as us - and as long as we become more clinical we'll be fine. We create the chances, and we play the game to the standard I would expect a top championship side to play, for the majority of time. 

If we were losing games or conceding goals, even in pre-season friendlies, this forum would be awash with BCO comments.

Strange way of judging it. But Hendrick is far better than Daryl Powell....

I think hendrick has lost his place at the moment.

Archived