derby preseason so far

B4ev6is

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather be winning games than losing them.. Especially against lower league opposition..

But as someone mentioned, the season starts 3rd August.. These games, whilst we should be trying to win, won't have an impact come August..

We're also not the only side to be having a good preseason.. Quite a few of the other NPC games are undefeated and some are playing against tougher opposition..

We are pretty much unstoppable at Pride Park.

There was obviously a problem playing away last season, whether it was nerves, lack of confidence or Cloughie.... It was ****! I am extremely confident that we will pick up just as many points on tour this season. I don't know why, I just feel that Nigel must have sorted it out ready for this season, he better have anyway  :lol:

Wishful thinking there private. but you have a point. The only thing potentially stopping us from reaching the play offs is/was our away form. If that improves and our home forms continues off from last season we could be celebrating come may!?

We are pretty much unstoppable at Pride Park.

There was obviously a problem playing away last season, whether it was nerves, lack of confidence or Cloughie.... It was ****! I am extremely confident that we will pick up just as many points on tour this season. I don't know why, I just feel that Nigel must have sorted it out ready for this season, he better have anyway  :lol:

I wouldn't call winning only 52% of our home games as 'unstoppble'

It was a solid home form.. In fact the 5th best, but some of the others were quite low points wise.. We collected 43 points from 23 home games, that's not even the standard 2 points per game which you usually associate with a top home form..

We have to pick up 25/30 points at least next season for us to have a chance. That's with home form being bang on the money. I just want us to keep a decent run of form going for 10/11 games instead of winning 2/3 in a row then losing next 2/3, consistency is the key (duh!) Whatever we say about the league being intresting and tight, it's a poor league and its completely there for the taking.

We have to pick up 25/30 points at least next season for us to have a chance. That's with home form being bang on the money. I just want us to keep a decent run of form going for 10/11 games instead of winning 2/3 in a row then losing next 2/3, consistency is the key (duh!) Whatever we say about the league being intresting and tight, it's a poor league and its completely there for the taking.

I must have asked this question 5 or 6 times, and nobody has been able to give me any sort of an answer beyond "because I say so".

Why is it a poor league?

I tend to compare it to other standards across Europe, Spanish German French Italian leagues, better standard of football, albeit not as exciting to watch as in this country, also think there's nothing much between bottom 8 of premier league, all of championship and top 8/10 of league 1, hope that kind of answers the question, :)

Well, we had an Italian team in the championship last season - and they didn't get promoted. In fact, we beat them 5-1.

I tend to compare it to other standards across Europe, Spanish German French Italian leagues, better standard of football, albeit not as exciting to watch as in this country, also think there's nothing much between bottom 8 of premier league, all of championship and top 8/10 of league 1, hope that kind of answers the question, :)

shouldn't you compare it to the 2nd leagues of countries like:liga adelante, serie B etc? I'm sure the top half of the championship would be quite competitive in that league. Perhaps promotion spots?

Archived