Match Day Music

chris348

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris and welcome

I like Thin Lizzy's Boys are back in town, dambusters would sound good - i think Steve Bloomer is best when they play it earlier when the ball boys come on like they have been doing - but please can they sort the timing out - last few games they left it far to late to play it and end up cutting it off - and its embarrassing when that happens. I also liked the time they played 'Were only making plans for Nigel' - they only played it once though.

Hi Vicky,

thanks for the welcome

Only asking as i have been trying to get something lined up for the 1st game of the season. Had planned to get some guys parachuting in with the match ball, but not allowed anymore. Tried to get a helicopter to land too, that was kicked into touch. Now got a military band lined up for pre-match and half time entertainment. Plans are still raw but at least we may be able to put something on, get the season off on the right foot etc.

I always remember when i was a nipper going to the bbg and the song i see clearly now the rain has gone song used to be played through the tannoy system everytime i hear it it makes me remember so it would be good to hear that played sometimes

Originally posted by derbydan;18876

I always remember when i was a nipper going to the bbg and the song i see clearly now the rain has gone song used to be played through the tannoy system everytime i hear it it makes me remember so it would be good to hear that played sometimes

Now there is a thought ? may have the same affect on some of the older fans too ?

oh no not the drummer i hate that forced chatting crap

i think we should have a motorbike stunt show at half time!

or try and get local bands to write songs or something

as for songs i loved white riot

how about black and white town by doves

or classic hip hop white lines by grandmaster flash?

admitedly a song about cocaine isnt really appropriate at 3pm on a sat!

it is a tune though, how about

sterophonics thousand trees, just for the line about burning a thousand trees? cant beat a bit of anti forest!

i think some old school hip hop is a must though remember retro=cool

It's got to be the benny hill theme music.

Both teams come out the tunnel and go in opposite directions down the touch line. They meet up on the other side and end up in the center circle.

Both team managers could lead each chase.

Obviously Commons would have to be careful with his dodgey calfs.

The refs could enter the pitch to the tune of Laurel & Hardy.

I think the helicopter idea is a bit far fetched if you ask me. Gill Marples isn't a Director anymore.

Archived