2013 Ashes Series

froggg

When you see a view of him bowling face on, he brings his arm over in a circular motion, but sometimes, either striving for position, or extra pace, he seems to bend his elbow and then straightens it again on delivery, that is a throw in my opinion.

The official ruling from the ICC is 15° straightening remember, so even if his arm does bend a bit, it is not a chuck.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Failed to regain the Ashes you mean. The rain may have saved England, but it certainly didn't win the Test.

The rain got closer to winning it than Australia did.

Rogers gets his 100. Well deserved.

It was well-fought, but probably the luckiest hundred I've ever seen in my life. Could have been out 5 or 6 times.

It was well-fought, but probably the luckiest hundred I've ever seen in my life. Could have been out 5 or 6 times.

Went yesterday. We're struggling a bit. Trott looked very good until he was out. I agree Rogers rode his luck today but he takes some moving. Could do with him back at the County Ground.

Broad gets Harris LBW on review .

Broad gets fifer 5-71.

Australia 270 all out. Lead by 32

I'd have taken that last night.

Since Lords we've been very ordinary - decent batting performance needed today. Big runs due from Cook & Trott and lack of movement with new ball suggests this is a good chance to get them. Would like at least a target of 250 for Aussies to chase.

An excellent day for England, and the lead is now over 200 with 5 wickets in hand, and Ian Bell batting supremely well again. What a difference a few years makes. When he first played against Australia he resembled a rabbit trapped in headlights, but it's him now who has the full beams on, and Australia's bowlers can't do a thing about it.

Another 50 or 70 and England will be very much in the driving-deat, and I would expect Swann to give Australia quite a few difficulties when the time comes.

Yeah great comeback from England today - could easily have been 100/150 runs behind on first innings & at 49-3 it was looking a bit dicey. All credit to Bell - he played beautifully. As Eddie rightly says, he's come a long way since his first Ashes series in '05 where frankly he was a bit of a liability.

Key tomorrow is to get past the new ball without losing both Bell & Prior. If either one of those two are still in after 20 overs in the morning, we could well get a lead of 300 plus & for me, game over.

Archived