2013 Ashes Series

froggg

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard the commentators say that the spinners may take advantage of marks where the bowlers have followed through. 

Perhaps that's why they call it 'a sticky wicket'

Couple of observations about this test match,

1)Someone should tell Cook to stop wasting revues when he is obviously out,

that is THREE times this series.

2) Take a close look at Starc's action, IMHO when putting in the extra effort, he throws.

2) Take a close look at Starc's action, IMHO when putting in the extra effort, he throws.

Yes and probably - but if he did, the ICC would just change the rules again.

I'm interesting to hear how you justify this.

When you see a view of him bowling face on, he brings his arm over in a circular motion, but sometimes, either striving for position, or extra pace, he seems to bend his elbow and then straightens it again on delivery, that is a throw in my opinion.

I'm not 100% convinced there's a problem - he is, like Glenn McGrath, a very 'wristy' pace bowler who snaps his hand forward at the point of delivery. There's always a few degrees of elbow movement, but with many pace bowlers it doesn't tend to be at the point of delivery. I've not paid a great deal of attention to him though - he's hardly a threat compared to Harris or Siddle.

I don't see enough of a straightening of the elbow to suggest throwing. It's the action of the wrist. It looks weird when you see it but it's ok in my opinion.

I'm not 100% convinced there's a problem - he is, like Glenn McGrath, a very 'wristy' pace bowler who snaps his hand forward at the point of delivery. There's always a few degrees of elbow movement, but with many pace bowlers it doesn't tend to be at the point of delivery. I've not paid a great deal of attention to him though - he's hardly a threat compared to Harris or Siddle.

He's really young and going to get better. He's got more of a future than I thought Shaun Tait would have, for example. Tait's action, with its dead straight lead leg on delivery, was always going to be a problem. No matter how much he tries to say he's taking a break or whatever,

Starc will become a very good bowler. Possibly as soon as the winter.

He's really young and going to get better. He's got more of a future than I thought Shaun Tait would have, for example. Tait's action, with its dead straight lead leg on delivery, was always going to be a problem. No matter how much he tries to say he's taking a break or whatever,

Starc will become a very good bowler. Possibly as soon as the winter.

Yes, I think it's going to be a much more difficult proposition to retain the Ashes in upside-downland.

Agree about Shaun Tait's straight leg - a Graham Dilley wannabe.

Archived