Oscar Garcia new Brighton head coach

Day

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember the last time a manager came into this division with little to no knowledge of this division and did well.

All the current managers have been brought up in and around the english game at the very least.

Henning Berg - flopped

Stale Solbakken - flopped, incredibly

Steve McClaren - flopped

Sven - flopped

Sousa - poor for QPR, half decent for swansea and flopped incredibly at leicester

Martinez - done a good job

Jan Poortvielt - flopped, Mark Wotte - flopped

Luigi De Canio - flopped

and yeah - we will see, if bris is correct i look forward to good and winning football from brighton, as opposed to our poor and losing football.

Zola, Billy Davies, Di Matteo ?

Zola didnt exactly do well at West Ham and had been round the english game for years same with di Matteo who was sacked by WBA and billy davies is scottish - different kettle of fish!

You said this division, which is why I thought you included Sven and McClaren ?

You said this division, which is why I thought you included Sven and McClaren ?

I perhaps shouldnt of mentioned them in honesty but both had experience at a completely different level of management - both were used to top players at their disposal and making such a step down, they didnt know how to adapt - they didnt know what was needed. In fairness both had experience of the english game and shouldnt have been mentioned.

The championship is a division that takes a certain level of experience to manage in, not at the top level but in the deeper parts of the league, so you know who the potential threats are for one and another is working with poorer players and getting the best out of them. I think it takes a certain brand and mentality to succeed in this league - and, its not always the best way.

Billy Davies is a manager who can do this, Clough tries to get us to play football and encourage the correct brand, except in the forest games where he understands the importance of fighting and grit - as ugly as it is, and bad.. We'd be more successful playing that style every week in this division! For me anyway

I perhaps shouldnt of mentioned them in honesty but both had experience at a completely different level of management - both were used to top players at their disposal and making such a step down, they didnt know how to adapt - they didnt know what was needed. In fairness both had experience of the english game and shouldnt have been mentioned.

The championship is a division that takes a certain level of experience to manage in, not at the top level but in the deeper parts of the league, so you know who the potential threats are for one and another is working with poorer players and getting the best out of them. I think it takes a certain brand and mentality to succeed in this league - and, its not always the best way.

Billy Davies is a manager who can do this, Clough tries to get us to play football and encourage the correct brand, except in the forest games where he understands the importance of fighting and grit - as ugly as it is, and bad.. We'd be more successful playing that style every week in this division! For me anyway

I don't think playing football in this division, the right way has any detriment on where you finish, last season we did this more than in previous years, and it was our most successful. Swansea, Norwich, Newcastle, have all shown that its possible to easily get out of this league and sustain prem league playing the right way, to name a few.

We have also seen Clough abandon his principles of playing football, when we had our purple patch with bueno and co, we were playing some of the best stuff seen under him, but this was put to one side in return for results, possibly backing your point up, admittley.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know who this coach is, and haven't got a clue if he will be successful or not, to me its a gamble, more than employing a coach with pedigree at this level maybe, but could that not be levelled at Clough who hadn't managed within the league?

All said and done though, I would be disappointed if he was appointed at derby, but that is more down to my lack of football knowledge than his abilities:-)

Archived