Oscar Garcia new Brighton head coach

Day

Oscar Garcia has been appointed to the newly created role of head coach of Brighton & Hove Albion. 

Garcia's immediate task will be to oversee pre-season training. The 40-year-old will take up his new post on Thursday morning. 

He said, "I am delighted to have the opportunity to work in English football for the first time. Brighton & Hove Albion is one of the most exciting and progressive clubs in the country." 

Chairman Tony Bloom welcomed Oscar to the club, saying, "We are delighted to have Oscar here to help us prepare for the new season and plan what promises to be another exciting campaign for the club." 

In an illustrious playing career Garcia played for Barcelona and Valencia amongst others, before stepping into coaching as youth coach at the Nou Camp. 

His first senior role was as manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv, and in his first season at the club guided the Israeli side to their first league title win in a decade. 

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/garcia-appointed-head-coach-881973.aspx#LTsFsZTvXGVovQdR.99

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head coaches, coach the team and picks them, whilst the manager does this also has a say in player recuritment etc.

Right, so someone at Brighton will force the players on him, if he doesn't like it he's out of there.

Prefer a manager myself, too many chefs in the kitchen and all that

I can't remember the last time a manager came into this division with little to no knowledge of this division and did well.

All the current managers have been brought up in and around the english game at the very least.

Henning Berg - flopped
Stale Solbakken - flopped, incredibly

Steve McClaren - flopped
Sven - flopped
Sousa - poor for QPR, half decent for swansea and flopped incredibly at leicester

Martinez - done a good job

Jan Poortvielt - flopped, Mark Wotte - flopped

Luigi De Canio - flopped

and yeah - we will see, if bris is correct i look forward to good and winning football from brighton, as opposed to our poor and losing football.

I can't remember the last time a manager came into this division with little to no knowledge of this division and did well.

All the current managers have been brought up in and around the english game at the very least.

Henning Berg - flopped

Steve McClaren - flopped

Sven - flopped

Sousa - poor for QPR, half decent for swansea and flopped incredibly at leicester

Luigi De Canio - flopped

and yeah - we will see, if bris is correct i look forward to good and winning football from brighton, as opposed to our poor and losing football.

You forgot to add Nigel Clough to your list..

Henning Berg - flopped

Steve McClaren - flopped

Sven - flopped

Luigi De Canio - flopped

Keith Hill at Barnsley with his 25.68 win percentage, even Nigel has a 32.88 win percentage

I forget who it was that rated Hill highly, it will come to me soon....

Henning Berg - flopped

Steve McClaren - flopped

Sven - flopped

Luigi De Canio - flopped

Martinez played in England for Wigan, Walsall, Swansea and Chester for over a decade, and went straight into management after playing, so he shouldn't really be on that list anyway.

Martinez played in England for Wigan, Walsall, Swansea and Chester for over a decade, and went straight into management after playing, so he shouldn't really be on that list anyway.

I knew he played for Wigan, but didn't research the other bit.

I just remember him on la liga show on sky before getting the managers job, thought it was mental at the time! 

Archived