Wimbledon 2013

David

Did you watch the documentary about him the other night on BBC.....it was excellent, and he seems to be a really nice and likeable person...not the jumped up little jocko ***** i always thought he was.

I didn't mate.

What puts me off him is his injuries that visibly affect him when he loses points but not when he's winning. I've seen him play like that a few times. I think it's a bit disrespectful to his opponents. Think it was Wimbledon last year where literally he was playing some brilliant tennis and was covering the court very well. But every point lost he was holding his back but every point gained he forgot he was injured. The injury didn't seem to affect his game either because he was very good.

As for that Dunblane tragedy.... I feel for him. As a personality I hate him but the guy is just a tennis player. I don't wish eternal suffering on the fella.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mate.

What puts me off him is his injuries that visibly affect him when he loses points but not when he's winning. I've seen him play like that a few times. I think it's a bit disrespectful to his opponents. Think it was Wimbledon last year where literally he was playing some brilliant tennis and was covering the court very well. But every point lost he was holding his back but every point gained he forgot he was injured. The injury didn't seem to affect his game either because he was very good.

As for that Dunblane tragedy.... I feel for him. As a personality I hate him but the guy is just a tennis player. I don't wish eternal suffering on the fella.

The fake back injury that caused him to miss the French Open?

Being disrespectful to your opponent is smashing a ball at his head, then when you lose making a snarky comment at the net.

No wonder Stakhovsky said afterwards "When you play Roger Federer, you have two opponents - him and his ego".

The fake back injury that caused him to miss the French Open?

I mean last year during the Wimbledon tournament. I've seen him do it a few times in recent years. It's the only reason I dislike him.

He's a good player. I'm not saying he was faking injury. Just the extent of it and how it affected him during matches. Good player and he probably hasn't had the glory that would fairly reflect just how good he is.

I've got a feeling that Dame Flora Robson is going to win a slam in the next 2 or 3 years - she is making astounding progress.

Now watch her crash and burn.

A Robson - Williams final would be awesome.

Can't happen.

They are in the same half of the draw and due to meet in the (I think) quarter finals if Robson gets past Kerber (because I'm sure she will beat Erakovic).

I missed Robsons match this afternoon, so I'm catching up on iPlayer. Bl00dy hell, the commentators completely wrote her off after the first set. Were making excuses for her, saying she's not ready, and she's not quite 'last 16' quality...ffs!

Build 'em up..... knock 'em down.

It's all the same to the media.

Archived