Football League clubs outlaw unlimited international loans in wake of Watford success

Day

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

always a loophole ,, they are signing them all from Udinese , probably on frees , then they will sell them back for free at the end of the season

SSN

Watford are are close to signing eight players on permanent deals. Marco Cassetti, Joel Ekstrand, Ikechi Anya, Daniel Pudil and Almen Abdi, all of whom spent last season on loan at Vicarage Road, are poised to sign for the Championship club on a permanent basis.

always a loophole ,, they are signing them all from Udinese , probably on frees , then they will sell them back for free at the end of the season

SSN

Watford are are close to signing eight players on permanent deals. Marco Cassetti, Joel Ekstrand, Ikechi Anya, Daniel Pudil and Almen Abdi, all of whom spent last season on loan at Vicarage Road, are poised to sign for the Championship club on a permanent basis.

Hopefully there's something they can do about it to make this stop.

Watford do need the players, I think there current first team squad is 7 players

We had 15 when the loan players "went back" and some players were released.

Since then 3 have signed new deals (Doyley, Bond and Alumina) plus the signings of  McGugan/young striker from Reading we have at least 20 before we even include those Udinese/Granada players returning on permanent deals or on loan.

We will probably have a squad of about 30.

Some have signed long term contracts (I know they don't mean a lot generally!) but its certainly not just a one year deal expect for Cassetti and that is down to his age more than anything.

They signed a guy in Jan on a contract until 2018 I think, again enjoy it when clubs show up the incompetency of the governing body.

Good on Watford I say.

Yes - Fernando Forestieri

I would say its seems pretty certain Vydra won't be coming which is a blow but we will get a replacement in,.

They've obviously signed long term contracts.. It would be foolish for them to sign only a year deal because then other sides can sign them for free at the end of the season.. Or the players can play hardball if they have a good year..

Don't pay any notice to the contracts.. The players will be shifted back and forth as they please

The closing of the loans was ridiculous.. How could they not see that all they were then going to do is sign them for free?

I can already hear the discussions between the players and the board now.

Board - "You are going back to Watford on a three year deal."

Anya - "Im better than that, I don't want to go there."

Board - "Go there or rot."

They've obviously signed long term contracts.. It would be foolish for them to sign only a year deal because then other sides can sign them for free at the end of the season.. Or the players can play hardball if they have a good year..

Don't pay any notice to the contracts.. The players will be shifted back and forth as they please

The closing of the loans was ridiculous.. How could they not see that all they were then going to do is sign them for free?

As you say the closing of the loophole was ludicrous. Watford were not intending to have so many on loan last year, The club was taken over late summer and a selection of players was sent over on loan as it was too late to negotiate permanant deals or sift out who would succeed in the championship or who would fail.

As it turned out and all the loans who impressed have now signed long term permanant contracts with the exception of Vydra who has ambitions of premier league football. More permanant signings to come.

So the loophole closure hasn't had the slightest effect and all its done is limit league clubs ability to be more creative in where their loans come from.

Interesting times.

I can already hear the discussions between the players and the board now.

Board - "You are going back to Watford on a three year deal."

Anya - "Im better than that, I don't want to go there."

Board - "Go there or rot."

They all seem quite happy to sign if their comments on Twitter are any to go buy...and its not controlled like official media sources.

They all seem quite happy to sign if their comments on Twitter are any to go buy...and its not controlled like official media sources.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust that as far as you could throw it.

I hope for your sake it works. But I would always have that niggling feeling that it won't last and you'll end up in a mess.

True but then I trust words from their own accounts (yes I know Twitter can cause problems as well) than an official PR processed interview on the Official site..

I suppose like any owner they could just pull out at any time...maybe we do need to get promoted this season.

Archived