Derby County Memorabilia magazine

GuiseleyRam

Hi guys,

I have spent the last few months collaborating on a new (unofficial) magazine devoted entirely to, as the title suggests, programmes and memorabilia associated with Derby County. Some of the articles in issue 1 include;

- DCFC on eBay

- Rams in Nazi Germany

- The 1968/69 League Cup run

- An update on the Derby County Collection (first featured in the Derby Telegraph)

- 2012/2013 Derby programme review 

We hope you'll support the project - it's only £2.50 a copy (inc postage). Please contact me on smk06@yahoo.com for further details. Any profits arising from the magazine will be donated to charity. It's a limited print run so be quick off the mark!

Regards,

Steve

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Undecided as yet but probably a Derby based charity or one supported by the club.

I have sent Sam Rush a copy of the mag and am waiting for feedback. If DCM is successful, I'd like to think that profits from each issue could go to a variety of charities. I'd personally like to donate to cancer research, as well as Alzeihmer's Society as my Nana died with this disease a couple of years back.

Steve

Faye Nixon at DCFC was OK with us using the Rams head logo, which makes up a big part of the design.

Will accept cheque, but paypal payment is fine. If you contact me at smk06@yahoo.com I'll give further details to anyone who is interested.

Have attached a scan of the cover below

"http://footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/userpix/2078_scan0174_2" alt="2078_scan0174_2">

Sounds good Steve, keep us updated.

I've got some lovely wooden terrace seats, I wished and hoped that they were from the BBG but after contacting SCFC they are unfortunately from the Victoria :(

The only other thing i could possibly get my hands on is a brilliantly written letter from Jack Nicholas to my Great Grandad asking him to let my Grandad sign for Derby because he was playing for his Littleover team....

He refused, so grandad ended up at Gay Meadow haha.

The best thing I've got is a bit of turf from the BBG centre circle :(

DCFC on Ebay? interesting.

Sold dozens of programmes on there of late, one being the Charlton cup final programme which sold for over £100, but funnily enough it got "lost" in the post according to the buyer  ;)

Sold every home and away programme from 1957-present too, but got completely ripped off on that; only accepted because they took up to much room :(

Last thing I sold on ebay was a matchworn Hendrick shirt worn in the forest match 2 seasons ago bought at auction for £120 sold it for £180 :)

Used the money to buy mason bennetts from the last charity auction this year had him sign it and the rest of the squad on the front it's know on my wall at home.

My background is mainly programmes but there are definitely collectors out there who are interested in tickets, signed photos, stickers, trade cards, bits from the old BBG.

John Motson dabbles in the odd Derby item as his son Freddie is a fan. I'll be looking into an interview with the great man himself for a future edition!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Derby County memorabilia magazine has been going for over a year, with issue 5 out now.

It's available on eBay (link below) or directly from me. This edition includes My Favourite Programmes by David Moore, a history of programmes between Derby and West Bromwich Albion from pre-war to the 1960s, DCFC on eBay, memorabilia sold in recent auctions and a review of the 2013/14 programme.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Derby-County-Memorabilia-magazine-issue-5-latest-edition-/291165628244?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item43cad2e754

• 3 years later...

Afternoon all,

Derby County Memories is a quarterly magazine that covers the history of the Rams through collectable items of memorabilia such as football programmes, tickets and books. We have been going since June 2013 and are now on to issue 17. The latest edition features All in the Game, the football skills competition broadcast on ITV between 1976-1977, and games against Sheffield Wednesday which span from pre-war to the late 1950s. Recent back issues include articles on Kevin Hector, the 1970 Watney Invitation Cup, Tim Ward and Derby against Nottingham Forest, Sunderland and Burnley. 

The current issue is £3 (including post) and is available on eBay at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292179424471. Back issues are £2 each from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292179425640. 

PM for more details.

On 6/4/2013 at 20:58, smk06 said:

Hi guys,

I have spent the last few months collaborating on a new (unofficial) magazine devoted entirely to, as the title suggests, programmes and memorabilia associated with Derby County. Some of the articles in issue 1 include;

- DCFC on eBay

- Rams in Nazi Germany

- The 1968/69 League Cup run

- An update on the Derby County Collection (first featured in the Derby Telegraph)

- 2012/2013 Derby programme review 

We hope you'll support the project - it's only £2.50 a copy (inc postage). Please contact me on smk06@yahoo.com for further details. Any profits arising from the magazine will be donated to charity. It's a limited print run so be quick off the mark!

Regards,

Steve

Will this magazine become Rams memorabilia in its own right?

Archived