New Nike England Shirt

Day

New Nike England Shirt  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always a fan of collars..

I'd love the England strip to look like the white/gold Real Madrid strip of 2 years ago but with blue instead of the gold..

As a side question, and to do with the Germany kit.. How many countries tops can you name that doesn't have the same colors as the flag?

For example..

Germany - white - flag is red, yellow and black

Italy - Blue - flag is green, white and red

Japan - Blue - flag is white and red..

Anyone think of any more? Anyone know why Italy play in blue and Germany play in white?

Guessing Italy play in blue cos they got Scotlands old kits and Germany white as they got Englands old kits similar to the notts/juve situation.

Cant think of any other nationalities other than New Zealand, play in white and the flag is blue and red with the smallest bit of white. (And the cricket team play in black!)

They have Orange on their flag

And their away strip is blue.. Which they also have..

Good shout Cumbrian with NZ and Australia.. Although New Zealand play in white, and they do have white stars..

I don't want to go all Wikipedia on your ass but....

"A horizontal tricolour of red (Bright Vermilion), white, and blue (Cobalt Blue)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Kingdom_of_the_Netherlands

They have Orange on their flag

And their away strip is blue.. Which they also have..

Good shout Cumbrian with NZ and Australia.. Although New Zealand play in white, and they do have white stars..

red stars aussies have white stars :p

"The Dutch tricolour was first used in the second half of the 16th century when the Dutch provinces revolted against Spain. Their leader was Prince William of Orange. The flag was named "Prinsenvlag" ("Princeflag") after him. At first the flag was orange-white-blue, but later the orange stripe became red."

Don't say this forum isn't educating at times, learn summary new every day

red stars aussies have white stars :p

With white backgrounds :p

OK I'll give you NZ.. And nice try Daveo but that doesn't count.. It's orange!

There are a few more.. One I can think of is Cyprus, playing in all blue when their flag is the yellow island on a white background.. I guess the Greeks lent them their shirts too..

"uRADwUK" alt="uRADwUK">

"z1L6wAR" alt="z1L6wAR">

"eICiyc0" alt="eICiyc0">

"CUVKcFI" alt="CUVKcFI">

"yW1ntGQ" alt="yW1ntGQ">

England's latest home kit was exclusively revealed by Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere on Twitter this morning.

The strip, created by Nike, was tweeted by Wilshere after he went back to his roots to oversee a training session at his old school, The Priory, in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.

The Gunners star chose lucky Jason Kelly as the star performer on the day and he was rewarded with the chance to become the first person to wear the Three Lions’ new shirt for the first time.

Wilshere said: “This is where my dream of playing for England started and it’s great to be back here to see a new generation playing with the same passion.

“I gave Jason the shirt because his commitment and work-rate really impressed me today, he showed that it’s what you do on the pitch that matters — from your first match as a nine-year-old all the way up to the international stage.”

Nike’s clean, distinctive design takes the kit back to its roots with its traditional colours of white and dark blue to celebrate The FA’s 150th anniversary.

The iconic Three Lions crest was prominently featured in dark blue on the team's first kit, and once again, the crest is the proud focus - now with a gold border, a gold star above it signifying England’s World Cup win,

A gold ribbon graphic below the crest, inscribed with "150 years" and the dates 1863 and 2013, mark The FA's anniversary.

The blue on the new kit is the same dark blue colour that featured on England's first kit.

Embodying the clean lines and understated style of the best of English fashion, the white shirt features a dark blue classic crew neck collar, while two side vents on the hem of the shirt subtly feature the St. George’s cross.

The shorts are entirely dark blue and the socks are white with a thin dark blue band at the top.

http://www.thefa.com/england/News/2013/england-new-nike-kit.aspx#yQ8ex8QdIU1jg457.99

Tis a shirt of beauty..... B)  B)  B)

Archived