New Nike England Shirt

Day

New Nike England Shirt  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, but ours is white with a bit of blue, isn't the first time either. Euro 2000 we only had red numbers, we may have red numbers on this kit.

".dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_02/OwenEuro2000L_468x522" alt="OwenEuro2000L_468x522">

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus Daveo keep your hair on, just saw the shirt and it reminded me of these:

"http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/germany-10-12-adidas-football-kit-3" alt="germany-10-12-adidas-football-kit-3">

"http://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/37145401_pl" alt="37145401_pl">

"http://www.football-england.com/images/germany_large" alt="germany_large">

Erm, Daveo hasn't got any hair.

what year was that? looks before my time.

most of the england kits that i can remember had a tint of red, thats why i think england kits should be like that.

all the german kits i can remember had black on, hence why it reminds me of germany.

what year was that? looks before my time.

most of the england kits that i can remember had a tint of red, thats why i think england kits should be like that.

all the german kits i can remember had black on, hence why it reminds me of germany.

If you can only remember England playing in white and red you must only be able to remember Germany playing in white, black, yellow and red. England have never played in white and black and I doubt they ever will so go suck on a fish finger, I'm bored proving you wrong again.

If you can only remember England playing in White and Red you must only be able to remember Germany playing in White, Black, Yellow and Red. England have never played in White and Black and I doubt they ever will so go suck on a fish finger, I'm bored proving you wrong again.

where have you proved me wrong, all i said was the kit reminds me of a german kit, and after looking at the web a lot of people agree with me. even gary lineker said "Smart move by the FA and Nike to go slightly German with the strip. If you can't beat 'em..."

to me its not an england kit with a bit of red. just because you think differently and showing a few old kits of when they wore white and blue doesnt prove anything.

England fans spoke of their outrage today after the new Three Lions shirt was unveiled - and looked identical to the 1966 West Germany top.

Twitter users remarked that the new shirt bore a striking resemblance to the one worn by the old enemy in the World Cup final.

The word 'German' was trending in the UK on social media site Twitter after fans took to the network to speak of their disappointment.

Former England forward Gary Lineker was one of those to make a joke about the new shirt, while MirrorFootball readers also gave us their thoughts.

Smart move by @fa and @nikefootball to go slightly German with the strip. If you can't beat 'em.......

— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) May 20, 2013

Britishmillsy told us on Twitter: "It looks German."

Karlvee agreed, saying: "I had a nasty flashback that it was West Germany 1970."

On MirrorFootball's Facebook page Michael Merrick writes: "Lads, dressing like the Germans won't make us play like them."

And Mike Weaver asked: "It's a replica 1966 world cup GERMANY shirt....what are the FA thinking?"

And Jamie Matthews wasn't impressed by the design either, commenting: "Still just as ugly and boring as the Umbro kits!"

"When did we want to become a lower Germany?" asked one supporter, while another described it as a "carbon copy of the German kits of the past."

Love that, especially how simple-looking it is. That's been the problem with past England kits where they've just tried to put too much on it (the one with the multi-coloured crosses all over the top of the back was particularly awful).

Not really seeing the Germany influence either although that might just be me.

Archived