FIFA 14

SuperSheep

I'm going to be buying it as always.

I always say I'm not, based on the price and how little improvements they seem to make. But then I do and I actually realise that it's so much better than the previous installment :(

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you not heard of a option file?

The names are only fake because EA hold the license, but the edit mode in PES whipes the floor with Fifa's. You can patch everything on the PC version too; gameplay, tattoos, stadiums....

29..us/img29/2874/hughesn

Also EA haven't fixed the Career mode freeze for several years; only adding something ridiculous like a scout from Poland finding the next Messi or over the top transfers deadline days like Ronaldo to Newcastle.

Laughable graphics for a game in 2013. 

Above is Xbox One graphics, but it's not actual gameplay footage so will look absolutely nothing like the game on day of release. The only plus side on the above picture is the crowd, they don't look like turnips with a shirt on.

Had every Fifa game since 93, anyone remember the indoor mode on 98 world cup (ps1)? Another mode taken out to make room for what...?

Agree about fifa, pes always had better gameplay for me, but they arent releasing onto the next gen, this could be what lets them down.

Looking like it's all 70's next year (apart from Forsyth, the bar steward)

Grant- 70/71

Brayford- 72+

Keogh- 70-72

Barker- 70/71

Forsyth- 67  <_<

Ward- 72-74

Hughes- 72+

Hendrick- 73+

Coutts- 70

Russell- 72+

Sammon- 70 (on sheer physical stats)

Seems about right, EA always get something wrong with Derby though... Can see Bennett being 40 overall and white

Both Fifa and PES need a total revamp.

Can't help but feel Fifa is made for the teen generation rather than die hard gamers; the gameplay, the cartoony graphics and the fact it's so bloody scripted is something which needs sorting out ASAP.

Looking forward to the next gen version and the so called ignite engine, but can't honestly seeing it being that much different to the current gens (bar graphic wise).

PES is another game failing to deliver- Konami have been hyping the fox engine for months now and nothing has been shown of it in gameplay. The players look rather grainy still in the images I've seen and the fact master league hasn't been mentioned yet worries me.

Both games are overrated and need better competition to blow them out the water. EA haven't done a great deal in over four years with the game and PES need to get more licensing its 2013 for frig sake.

The new PES screens are looking sick!

Yeah, thought so too.

Not bought Pro Evo in years but I do remember how rewarding it used to feel to score. Never had that in FIFA. The only thing that stops you scoring against the AI in Fifa is the occasional super keeper display.

Yeah, thought so too.

Not bought Pro Evo in years but I do remember how rewarding it used to feel to score. Never had that in FIFA. The only thing that stops you scoring against the AI in Fifa is the occasional super keeper display.

I dunno about that, I remember once playing clubs with East Kent Ram and few others from the old DET scoring in the 93rd minute to make it 4-3 against some forest fans who were winning 3-2 with 5 minutes left. That felt pretty rewarding. :lol:

Archived