The wrestling thread

DCFCfranco

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE is ***** but not all wrestling is WWE

I'd lost all interest in wrestling about 8-10 years ago but I was down in London the other week for a show 'Progress Chapter 18'  at the Electric Ballroom in Camden (700 capacity), it was the first show I'd been to in that time and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

It's rekindled a bit of interest but I'm not about to start watching WWE - TNT on Challenge is not too bad though.

Going to a UK show is a completely different experience to watching the american stuff on TV. I'm going to another (ICW) on 11th April at Rock City.

That said, WWE NXT (Development territory) shows are actually good, it's once people get to the main roster that things seem to go downhill because there's just too much of the soap opera stuff and not enough action.

Progress are now going to be doing a show every night at this years Download Festival, if you've ever had any interest in it before but got fed up of the American stuff, give it a go.

I used to love playing it as a kid. Looked good last night with all the old school wrestlers. I used to watch it in the prime with Stone cold and the Rock Triple H etc.

Back when I was a teen they were the days! Still got a scar on my knee when I frog splashed off a Sofa on to another Sofa..

True 99% would say it was in the prime then. Guess it became more entertainment with The Rock and Stone Cold and that still some great games. Like you I realised it was fake and just watch it with the nephews now and again not like it used to be!

I used to watch Hollyoaks as a kid, not that I ever stopped to wonder if wrestling was real or not, watching big blokes in spandex wasn't my thing. Each to their own I guess but at some point during your teens you have to grow out of it surely? 

Theres a lot of sports I don't understand why people find them entertaining like American Football and Golf but even those I can I get why they may like them but wrestling, wrestling is something that is totally baffling to me and I don't think I'll ever get my head around it.

Archived