Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

that's different to saying he sells players for financial gain. That would be effectively saying he gets a brown paper bag of cash like his dad did. No, never said anything close. I asked questions about things I've heard, and you even say "you asked me if.." which means it wasn't a statement nor accusation.

Please do not twist my words or put words in my mouth, I never called YOU 'Pal' either, - get your facts right! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and that's a ******* disgrace.

How can you say something like that and still be expected to be takne seriously as a human being, never mind as a poster.

Bang out of order, mods shouldn't delete it, they should just accept any flack you'll take for that.

You're a disgrace.

Another totally outlandish statement Mostyn, you have nothing to back that up at all.

Not at all. There are dedicated FOOTBALL men in the game, and Clough isn't one of them. Clough has publicly stated he doesn't watch football on TV, or get involved in media and scouting things. He hasn't even got the qualifications to do his job at this level and has made no attempts in 3 years since they were introduced to remedy that. He's never scouted abroad, and you never see him in the crowd on TV watching a match against next opponents (unless within 40 mile radius). He runs the line on a SUnday morning for his kids, and does a lot of things with his family. You NEVER see succesful managers doing anything similar.

Billy neglects his family and works on DVDs and watches football videos galore, as do many others. When has Clough ever gone to Amsterdam to see how Ajax train like say Gordon Strachan (who's a poor manager) does, when has he ever been seen mingling at coaching seminars and with his peers. Never.

First and foremost, Nigel Clough is a dedicated family man, he just happens to have blagged a job managing a professional football team.

and that's a ******* disgrace.

How can you say something like that and still be expected to be takne seriously as a human being, never mind as a poster.

Bang out of order, mods shouldn't delete it, they should just accept any flack you'll take for that.

You're a disgrace.

this is a proven - PUBLISHED fact. He even got into trouble for it! Oh i despair at how easily offended you are, you sensitive soul

that's different to saying he sells players for financial gain. That would be effectively saying he gets a brown paper bag of cash like his dad did. No, never said anything close. I asked questions about things I've heard, and you even say "you asked me if.." which means it wasn't a statement nor accusation.

Please do not twist my words or put words in my mouth, I never called YOU 'Pal' either, - get your facts right! :)

No,selling players could be an element of sticking to a cost cutting budget- if he were getting a bonus for doing this,then that's where the financial gain would come in.Asking me if he might be paid by GSE doesn't lessen the suggestion/innuendo  at all,because he could still have been paid this fictitious bonus within DCFC.Do you know for a fact his dad received this brown paper bag-if not I suggest you remove the comment.

Repeating stuff you've heard doesn't make it ok to be reproduced on here if it's of a scurrilous,unsubstantiated nature.I get the impression you think you can say anything you like.Anyway,I'm finished on this due to the nature of what's being discussed.

I'm relieved to be able to apologise over the "pal" matter.

Having looked at recent posts,I'll withdraw the comment about Clough senior as long as he didn't get into strife over subsequently unproven accusations.

No,selling players could be an element of sticking to a cost cutting budget- if he were getting a bonus for doing this,then that's where the financial gain would come in.Asking me if he might be paid by GSE doesn't lessen the suggestion/innuendo  at all,because he could still have been paid this fictitious bonus within DCFC.Do you know for a fact his dad received this brown paper bag-if not I suggest you remove the comment.

Repeating stuff you've heard doesn't make it ok to be reproduced on here if it's of a scurrilous,unsubstantiated nature.I get the impression you think you can say anything you like.Anyway,I'm finished on this due to the nature of what's being discussed.

I'm relieved to be able to apologise over the "pal" matter.

But we've never sold any player without either making a loss or spending the money on another player, so I wouldn't have made that suggestion as you'd have been on me straight away pointing it out.

I remember saying that I was informed Clough was on a bonus to not spend his whole budget, hence why lots of loans were used instead of players purchased. Never found out if it was true, but nobody from the club threatened any of the forums I said it on.... who knows.

trust me, after being banned and having been warned, I wouldnt mention anything that wasn't substantiated. I've done research, there are details out there and it's not ubstantiated as charges were bought against him and punishment given out. Although 'brown bag' is just a way of saying 'bung' and you know it.

yes, let's change the subject

Not at all. There are dedicated FOOTBALL men in the game, and Clough isn't one of them. Clough has publicly stated he doesn't watch football on TV, or get involved in media and scouting things. He hasn't even got the qualifications to do his job at this level and has made no attempts in 3 years since they were introduced to remedy that. He's never scouted abroad, and you never see him in the crowd on TV watching a match against next opponents (unless within 40 mile radius). He runs the line on a SUnday morning for his kids, and does a lot of things with his family. You NEVER see succesful managers doing anything similar.

Billy neglects his family and works on DVDs and watches football videos galore, as do many others. When has Clough ever gone to Amsterdam to see how Ajax train like say Gordon Strachan (who's a poor manager) does, when has he ever been seen mingling at coaching seminars and with his peers. Never.

First and foremost, Nigel Clough is a dedicated family man, he just happens to have blagged a job managing a professional football team.

You are hilarious in your  'little man' attention seeking Walter Mitty world. To say he doesn't get involved in scouting is absolutely crazy. All of the coaching staff get involved in scouting. You are quite correct in that his family are important to him and the same is the case for many successful managers. Why you think this is a negative is beyond me apart from perhaps a reflection on your own relationship issues. You say that he is never seen mingling at coaching seminars with his peers, again you are just getting carried away with trying to emphasise your little stories with stuff that you absolutely do not have any knowledge of. You compare him with Billy Davies, a man who has spent more time out of work than in work in the last couple of years because he can't hold down a managers job. Whereas, Nigel Clough has been continually employed as a manager for nearly 15 years. Time to grow up and come into the real World Mostyn6 - it really isn't that scary if you always tell the truth and don't continually leave yourself open by making up little stories about people.

My research shows me that the case against BC was dropped on health grounds,so I don't see how you could find someone guilty and punish him without a case concluding.

You are hilarious in your  'little man' attention seeking Walter Mitty world. To say he doesn't get involved in scouting is absolutely crazy1. All of the coaching staff get involved in scouting. You are quite correct in that his family are important to him and the same is the case for many successful managers. Why you think this is a negative2 is beyond me apart from perhaps a reflection on your own relationship issues. You say that he is never seen mingling at coaching seminars with his peers, again you are just getting carried away with trying to emphasise your little stories with stuff that you absolutely do not have any knowledge of 3. You compare him with Billy Davies, a man who has spent more time out of work than in work in the last couple of years 4 because he can't hold down a managers job. Whereas, Nigel Clough has been continually employed as a manager for nearly 15 years. Time to grow up and come into the real World Mostyn6 - it really isn't that scary if you always tell the truth and don't continually leave yourself open by making up little stories 5 about people.

1, I never said that.

2, I never said that either!

3, You do not know what I have knowledge of thank you.

4, Billy Davies, albeit not employed by a football club, has been in work during this time.

5, Care to enlighten me of ANY story I've told, whether (you think) made up or not.

I'm not getting into a battle with you, you quite clearly have issues, so why don't you just ignore my comments/posts. Apparently there's a block/filter. I'm sure someone will help you if you cannot find it.

Archived