Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He goes out..

Who would we get in? Why would anyone want to come here when we spend 50p each transfer window.

Let's just give someone else a try.

It would be nice to have a culture at the club of pushing just that little bit more.

Someone who doesn't constantly give the impression that this is his limit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid thread. The board won't sack Clough as amongst other things this will cost them unneeded expenditure. They are, however, quick to sack accountants at the club after Sam Rush's arrival which speaks volumes about where the boards priorities are.

Depends on the alternative.

Will we get a better manager to work within the constraints which Nigel has had to?

Probably not.

Will the owners offer a new manager the inducement of a more competitive funding model?

Probably not.

So will getting rid of Nigel make things better?

Probably not.

Unfortunately that attitude is part of the problem. No point in making a point because nothing will happen anyway?  

Stupid thread. The board won't sack Clough as amongst other things this will cost them unneeded expenditure. They are, however, quick to sack accountants at the club after Sam Rush's arrival which speaks volumes about where the boards priorities are.

It's obvious we aren't going to hound him out, there are far too many who are still wishing for the dream to come true.

So we're stuck in limbo.

I know, it's just the pure 'Clough Out' fellas.... I'm not sure what they want to happen? He won't walk.

I'm not criticising posts on here, this isn't me picking at people. I'm just saying that he won't walk, he won't get sacked without intense fan pressure.

What do they want to happen?

Myself, I'm not a fan of everything he does. I like him as a person. I admit to still dreaming about 'Clough and Derby'. So I can see why people get angry. I wouldn't tell anybody he's a great manager and try to stop people hounding him out. But I wouldn't hound him out either. I'm sat right on the fence and I'm not moving. I could say 'Clough Out' right now but it's just an angry reaction to the stinking mid table shadow being cast over a decent season. I think if I really thought things would improve if he was sacked then I'd want to arrange some sort of protest/movement.

He's just not bad enough for me. I don't know who would want to come here. Di Canio? Why would he? Would he?

What I'm trying to say is that if you're coming on here trying to get people on board the Clough Out wagon..... Well people are already in a In/Out/Neither Camp. It would take a relegation (a scare maybe) or something to shift us. Even then the board will be some people's target.

There will never be an ideal time to get Nige out. He'll never walk unless pushed. He'll never be pushed unless its a might shove and kick up the clubs arse.

Depends on the alternative.

Will we get a better manager to work within the constraints which Nigel has had to?

Probably not.

Will the owners offer a new manager the inducement of a more competitive funding model?

Probably not.

So will getting rid of Nigel make things better?

Probably not.

So you're trying to suggest NC is the best manager in the world for this specific job?

So you're trying to suggest NC is the best manager in the world for this specific job?

No, I'm suggesting that Nigel Clough is pretty average, but pretty average is probably about the best we can hope for with the current restrictions.

No outstanding manager would touch Derby County with a barge pole at present.

In.

He's Derby through and through.. Which is more important than having a successful Derby manager who can make us play decent football with a chance of the playoffs.

He said he would have thought about going to forest if it was offered to him not so long ago.

Should never have employed him in the first place, too much emotional

involvement, as i've said before, be like getting rid of your favourite pet.

He'd have gone after six months, but for his name,

holding us back, love the bloke, but he just can't hack it, Sorry Nige.

Think I'm starting to have my doubts too.

Every year we see glimpses of what the team CAN do. Only they don't do it often enough with enough conviction.

But I would never hound him out. Yes, because of him and his name. Sorry. He was partly brought in because his name would buy patience while we offloaded and made cuts. He's here so fans like us don't rock the boat. If fans like us didn't exist then he wouldn't be here.

No easy way out.

Like a dead relationship with a kid involved. You just can't win.

I'm Derby but I'd go to Forest if I knew it was the best job I could possibly get.

That hits the nail on the head y u are not a derby supporter.

Unfortunately that attitude is part of the problem. No point in making a point because nothing will happen anyway?  

It's not my opinion that matters here, it's the opinion of the board of Derby County. Asking an honest question can you see them replacing Clough this summer or suddenly tearing to bits their financial austerity measures at the club and giving the new manager a blank chequebook?

In all honesty I think Nigel is the only manager worth anything at all who is ready to take all the crap he is getting from the owners and the fans. Clearly there are better managers in this business than Clough but none of them would come near us at the moment.

No, I'm suggesting that Nigel Clough is pretty average, but pretty average is probably about the best we can hope for with the current restrictions.

No outstanding manager would touch Derby County with a barge pole at present.

If by outstanding you mean the likes of Jurgen Klopp, Villa-Boas or Antonio Conte then you're correct..

But I'm pretty sure there are managers out there more capable than NC that would love a chance of the Derby job..

It's not some poisoned chalice, we're not cursed and we're not offering candy as payment.. The Derby County job is a solid job for a medium sized club in the 2nd tier with possibilities of promotion..

Ipswich are not a bigger pull than Derby.. Yet they haven't struggled to find managers recently.. In fact Mick McCarthy is a solid manager at this level and he jumped into the job.. Bristol City hired SOD.. Burnley haven't struggled either.. even Blackpool haven't struggled to find managers and they're arguably the smallest club in the division..

It's ludicrous to think Derby couldn't find a manager.. We could cherry pick any manager from the 3rd division down, and I'm fairly confident that Adkins wouldn't turn the job down if offered..

In all honesty I think Nigel is the only manager worth anything at all who is ready to take all the crap he is getting from the owners and the fans. Clearly there are better managers in this business than Clough but none of them would come near us at the moment.

reaaly?

We have some fine young players.

Archived