The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that be Daniel?

Comparing him to Clough, one marooned Robinson on a desert island, the other sent him to Huddersfield.

Same difference really.

Comparing him to Clough, one marooned Robinson on a desert island, the other sent him to Huddersfield.

Same difference really.

Interesting literary reference in that "desert island" seems to sum up Theo's style of play... He certainly never seemed aware that there were other Derby players on the pitch with him...

Interesting literary reference in that "desert island" seems to sum up Theo's style of play... He certainly never seemed aware that there were other Derby players on the pitch with him...

Another uncanny connection.

If he'd not gone out on loan, I'd have fancied Robinson to score against Palace, what with today being Friday.

Crusoe, of course, probably scored WITH Friday.

He's not a "great" player though. He's a fairly successful goalscorer, but he's not the only option out there. He's scored 10 goals this season for Forest in 30 appearances, and to buy him would cost about £3m. He's not worth that. Theo scored that many last season from fewer starts.

Here we go again. Don't even start comparing Theo to him, Sharp is 10x the player Theo will ever be.

As for his record with Forest, it's arguably his worst season at Championship level and he's still averaging 1 in 3. One of the most prolific goalscorers at this level in many years.

Let me load Football manager then I can compile my list

Tonton Zola Moukoko

(sorry, currently playing CM01/02)

From the 15 day football challenge... there was a day for a rival player you admire, so I posted up a picture of Billy Sharp and today BOTH Legzdins and Ward (the proper ones) have liked it.

Definitely signing, Billy Sharp - can you imagine this board  :lol:

From the 15 day football challenge... there was a day for a rival player you admire, so I posted up a picture of Billy Sharp and today BOTH Legzdins and Ward (the proper ones) have liked it.

Definitely signing, Billy Sharp - can you imagine this board  :lol:

I could imagine the Florist board.

Another uncanny connection.

If he'd not gone out on loan, I'd have fancied Robinson to score against Palace, what with today being Friday.

Crusoe, of course, probably scored WITH Friday.

Theo is now however a proper castaway...

Er wheres the money coming from?

Well, we have major saleable assets now for the first time in ages. We could cash in on Hendrick or Hughes, for instance, or Brayford. I don't think that'll happen unless we get a £stupid m bid in though, so it'll probably be a combination of fringe players leaving to create the wage budget, and the likes of Theo leaving to supplement the board underwriting another £2m or so.

I reckon we'll be looking to free transfers first and foremost, and to our traditional £Barker type fee transfer. Plus a couple of £250k type dips into the lower leagues.

That's what we've done for years, don't see why this summer will be different.

The interesting bit for me is not where the money is coming from, it's how we improve on the more talented squad we've got now, without spending bigger. In that respect we could do with a good run in to make people sit up and take notice of us when Sam starts talking to peoples agents.

Wouldn't mind us signing billy kee. Would also like boldly sharp.

Don't know many LBs are available. Charlie Daniels did well for me on FM (he's from ballmouth)

Jon Taylor from shrewsbury or David warrel from bury wouldn't mind them.

Can't think of any CBs

Also max Clayton from crewe would be a good young signing.

If we're talking football manager, I had a couple of players in my champions league winning team that weren't re-gen and more recently the others are pushing through..

Raheem Sterling - gone off the boil, but he was Englands second best player behind a re-gen (who I also owned) 

Andre Ter Stegen - He's come through now, and looks to be the best young keeper in Germany (if Neuer is now 'experienced')

and the two now, that could still be available (well one plays for benfica, but his out on loan) 

"http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/min-248" alt="min-248">

Football manager certified to becoming the most prominent goalscrorer in europe.. 

"http://www.abola.pt/img/fotos/seleccao/roderick1" alt="roderick1">

Football Manager certified to becoming the best centre back in the world.

what are we waiting around for.... *baring in mind this was 2012 football manager  :lol: haven't got this years due to... well, busier life! 

On loading the old game up, I also found out, I had...

Ezequiel Munoz - First team Palmero..
Josh McEachran - but he's in my reserves  :ph34r: 
and Toni Kroos - First team Bayern (probably out of our league)

as you were, boys and girls.. 

Here we go again. Don't even start comparing Theo to him, Sharp is 10x the player Theo will ever be.

As for his record with Forest, it's arguably his worst season at Championship level and he's still averaging 1 in 3. One of the most prolific goalscorers at this level in many years.

What do you mean "here we go again"? I'm not trying to say Robinson is miles better or a world beater, just that a player who scores about 5/6 more goals a season isn't worth £2.85m more.

Archived