The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

West London Ram has apparently spoken to Sam Rush who said we are looking at a LB, CB, CM and a CF. Who would you suggest we get? You don't need a link or a source, it's not a rumour thread, just who you think (sensibly) we should get.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack hobbs could give us a brute of a left sided centre back but virtually impossible to get him atm.

But assuming we are looking for more young players.....

Eric Dier is an english highly rated 19 year old centre back at sporting lisbon who is out of contract in june and might be gettable.

Daniel carrico their star defender signed for reading so we could be attractive for a player who is one of their reserves?

Everton had him on a 6 month trial last season and man city are reported to be monitoring him but he is probably years away from being ready for them. Long shot but worth keeping tabs on.

Jake bidwell is a 19 year old left back who's career has stalled at everton. He was the youngest player to appear for them in europe a couple of years back but will find it hard to break into the team which has leighton baines. Nevertheless he in an england u-19 international and has played over 50 games for brentford over the last 2 seasons. He's under contract until june 2014. The only thing is.....he looks a bit like jay mceverley.

An alternative to jake robinson who we have been linked with?

I wouldn't be surprised if we went back back for tom carroll despite him not being great for us.....

Jordon bowery was at derby as a schoolboy before doing well at chesterfield. he has disappeared without trace after signing for aston villa. However he is supposed to be tall, quick, and similar to caleb folan. Possibly just right for us if callum ball isn't wanted. Apparently his dad was brian cloughs first signing for forest....can't say i remember that.

That matt smith Oldham monster has impressed in the cup......

Daniel powell is another we've been linked with. 6 foot 2 striker at mk dons. About time we had another powell? Contract runs out sometime in 2013.....not sure exactly when.

Theres a few?

Martyn Waghorn

Matty Fryatt

Aiden White

Will Grigg

Tom pope

Billy McKay

Mathew Kilgallon

Jaques Magoma

Billy Kee

Chris Martin

Gary Monk

I heard Billy Sharp is not in Billy Davies' plans? Maybe he could be signed from Southampton if forest DO NOT have a pre signed agreement. Would be costly though.

Chris Humphries

Marc Mcnulty

Paddy Madden

Martyn Waghorn

Matty Fryatt

Aiden White

Will Grigg

Tom pope

Billy McKay

Mathew Kilgallon

Jaques Magoma

Billy Kee

Chris Martin

Gary Monk

I heard Billy Sharp is not in Billy Davies' plans? Maybe he could be signed from Southampton if forest DO NOT have a pre signed agreement. Would be costly though.

Chris Humphries

Marc Mcnulty

Paddy Madden

I'm sure most of these are on our possible radar...who is Chris Humphries?

I quite like Aiden White but is he good enough defensively?

Fryatt and Waghorn can both be very effective on their day and Billy Kee could be a risk worth taking. Paddy Madden seems to be finally realising some of his early promise and potential.

After all the talk, Billy Sharp would be a very popular signing indeed and really help to endear GSE to some of the more disillusioned fans but as you elude to, it doesn't appear likely.

I'm not sure we need a central midfielder if Hendrick and Hughes stay so perhaps ultimately one will go? If they don't leave, another wide option would be more welcome.

I'm sure most of these are on our possible radar...who is Chris Humphries?

According to Google he was either a Basketball player who was married to Kim Kardashian, a British Botanist or a member of the band "The Blockheads"

I personally don't think a centre half should be a priority...next season we will have:

Keogh, Jake, Barker, OB, Brayford (hopefully), O' Connor, Valentin with Hanson and Lelan waiting in the wings.

but then we have conceded alot from set pieces and crosses so perhaps we require abit more quality. Even so, a new left back and goalscorer/creative player should be the priority.

Marlon Pack - CM - Cheltenham

Out of contract in the summer so would be around 100k compensation after a move to Swindon fell through on deadline day. Good on the ball, solid set piece taker and was in League 2 Team of the Year last season

I really don't understand the Derby fans' massive homoerotic love-in with Billy Sharp. Honestly, it's bordering on an obsession now. Just let it go, move on. Is it all because he said some nice things about us on twitter once? The way people go on you'd think there was literally no other striker out there than Sharp.

What's more, the last few times I've watched him he's been crap. If he's not in the 18 yard box then he's of no use.

I really don't understand the Derby fans' massive homoerotic love-in with Billy Sharp. Honestly, it's bordering on an obsession now. Just let it go, move on. Is it all because he said some nice things about us on twitter once? The way people go on you'd think there was literally no other striker out there than Sharp.

What's more, the last few times I've watched him he's been crap. If he's not in the 18 yard box then he's of no use.

It's because he's a great player. We always moan about not having a goalscorer and Billy is the definition of one.

It's because he's a great player. We always moan about not having a goalscorer and Billy is the definition of one.

He's not a "great" player though. He's a fairly successful goalscorer, but he's not the only option out there. He's scored 10 goals this season for Forest in 30 appearances, and to buy him would cost about £3m. He's not worth that. Theo scored that many last season from fewer starts.

Archived