2013 Formula One World Championship

CumbrianRam

Lewis Hamilton has been working on a pop album for the last 12 months and the man producing the record says the Mercedes Formula One driver has real talent.

Hamilton, whose girlfriend is Pussycat Dolls lead singer and X-Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger, has been writing the songs with singer/songwriter/producer Angel - who has collaborated with the like of Rihanna, Dizzee Rascal, Professor Green and Frank Ocean in the past.

Angel told The Sun that Hamilton's songs are "off the hook" and hopes that he decides to share them with the world.

"He sounds better than certain singers. He's a proper singer. It's a breath of fresh air. He's got a smooth vocal," said Angel.

"I hope (he does release them) because it's actually crazy. Right now he's just recording. He's a perfectionist. He doesn't want to rush. If it doesn't sound right, he'll record it again.

"It’s a real diversity. He's got rap — "dirty south" kind of tunes, some massive pop records and soul records. We’re doing all types of genres. We've written about 12 songs so far."

Angel also explained how the unique collaboration with the former world champion came about.

"I was chilling in a restaurant and he was in the studio opposite. My manager got an email saying he'd been referred to us after hearing I did vocal production. We left the restaurant and went straight over and the day after we started working together."

Hamilton currently lies fourth in the F1 drivers' table after the first two races of the season.

Early this year it was reported that he had splashed out £20m on a private jet so he could keep in regular contact with Scherzinger.

And as she's a musical judge herself, surely she has some opinion on Hamilton's pop project?

"She respects what he does, supports him and lets him do what he wants to do. She doesn't get involved," according to Angel.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/lewis-hamilton-recording-off-hook-album-123953119.html

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Mark Webber and Nico Rosberg have no luck this season.

Went to the World Endurance Championship at Silverstone on Sunday, rumours were that Webber's signed a 5 year deal with Porsche for their LMP1 team. Wouldn't blame him. F1 is the WEC's feeder series now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22083547

Moss claims women don't have the mental ability to compete in F1.

Whilst those comments aren't helpful, I don't think the BBC are doing their cause for female drivers any favours by getting excited about Susie Wolff. She's a rubbish driver - if a man was as bad as she was, they would be no where near F1. She's only involved at all because she married into the sport.

Archived