2013 Formula One World Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uttox its a bit like playing the ball to the corner on 90 mins in Footie.

No its not.

Its like driving a car very fast to win a race unless your boss tells you to slow down and let someone else win.

Shud be in Off Topic, not Other Sports.......

Getting fed up with F1 now it's becoming boring with vettels and RBs dominance. I'm only checking on results of Alonso and kimi because I have a bet on.

Vettel may have won again but there's a massive story behind it, not like he won lights-to-flag. I almost don't care who wins as long as the race is exciting, if Vettel wins every GP with a photo finish I wouldn't complain.

Very very interesting race that, and great to see emotions spill over. We get so much PR crap from teams, but when they actually show emotion is much more interesting. TV ratings went up massively in the Prost/Senna era despite it being relatively dull on track.

Vettel's Senna-esque quest to humiliate everyone in every GP with his brilliance could be his downfall. Who would be his team-mate now?

Funny how Merc and Red Bull found themselves in similar situations after the final stop and seeing how differently team and driver dealt with it. Hamilton clearly felt guilt and was a bit of a miserable sod on the podium.

That might be one of the most unhappy podiums I've seen.

Vettel may have won again but there's a massive story behind it, not like he won lights-to-flag. I almost don't care who wins as long as the race is exciting, if Vettel wins every GP with a photo finish I wouldn't complain.

The thing is about this was the team orders it kills the race and sport I don't know why they let it back in.

The thing is about this was the team orders it kills the race and sport I don't know why they let it back in.

Team orders surface one way or another. It's a team sport and an individual sport at the same time and it will never be perfect. One of the reasons why I like F1 is that it has that contradiction, and it often causes friction which overspills like on Sunday. Nothing boring about Webber and Vettel falling out on live TV.

Vettel ignored team orders - Webber followed them after he got overtaken.

which one is more likely to be looked at more favourably by the team bosses.

Vettel is the golden boy at Red Bull and would probably have to kill a man for that to change...

Back in the old days when they were allowed shared drives, Juan Manuel Fangio's teammates were forced to pit and get out the car so Fangio could drive the healthy car. Peter Collins lost a Championships thanks to this.

Mika Salo also lost a chance to become a Grand Prix winner in 1999 when Eddie Irvine was chasing his fruitless World Championship battle, ironcly Irvine was forced to hold station behind Schumacher in one race before his broken leg, which if was allowed to pass he would have won the Championship with help from Schumacher team orders in the last two races.

Team orders will also be a part of motorsports. Doesn't mean you have to like them.

Archived