season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point I was making, if this guy takes his son to the cinema and watches a film that he would not normally watch, does he get in free?

If he takes him out for dinner when he doesn't really want to eat, does he get the meal free?

I guess the answer is no to both, so why should it be any different taking him to a football ground?

Really sorry if I sound heartless. My season ticket has gone up £75 in the last 2 years, do you think the DET would run an article on me if I kicked up a fuss?

For a long time we have enjoyed the benefit of no pay increases and unfortunately the club have decided to do it all at once.

If tickets had gone up £40 per season over 5 years instead of £200 in one go I doubt many would even bat an eyelid.

Yes he does -

Disabled guests and our booking process.

If you require a free carer to facilitate your visit to the cinema, ODEON participates in the CEA Card scheme where you can get a free ticket for your carer. If you have a CEA Card, you can register your card within the "My Details" of your online profile and everytime you book, our website will automatically ask you if you need the free carer ticket.

If you are booking for a small group which requires a wheelchair space and you can see a wheelchair icon on the seating plan, you can simply click on the wheelchair seat then select the number and type of tickets you require in the left hand ticket selection panel, then drag and drop then onto the seating plan onto the wheelchair seating. If you need a carer and do not have a CEA card or you have a large/complicated booking, please call our Accessibility Helpline on 0800 138 3315 between 11am and 8pm and they will complete the booking.

For further information on the CEA card, please contact The Card Network on 0845 123 1292 minicom/textphone 0845 123 1297 or <a href="http://www.ceacard.co.uk/" target="_blank" title="CEA Card Website">select this link to visit the CEA Card website (opens in a new window).

[url=http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/faq/#faq22]http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/faq/#faq22

Yes he does -

Disabled guests and our booking process.

If you require a free carer to facilitate your visit to the cinema, ODEON participates in the CEA Card scheme where you can get a free ticket for your carer. If you have a CEA Card, you can register your card within the "My Details" of your online profile and everytime you book, our website will automatically ask you if you need the free carer ticket.

If you are booking for a small group which requires a wheelchair space and you can see a wheelchair icon on the seating plan, you can simply click on the wheelchair seat then select the number and type of tickets you require in the left hand ticket selection panel, then drag and drop then onto the seating plan onto the wheelchair seating. If you need a carer and do not have a CEA card or you have a large/complicated booking, please call our Accessibility Helpline on 0800 138 3315 between 11am and 8pm and they will complete the booking.

For further information on the CEA card, please contact The Card Network on 0845 123 1292 minicom/textphone 0845 123 1297 or <a href="[url=http://www.ceacard.co.uk/]http://www.ceacard.co.uk/" target="_blank" title="CEA Card Website">select this link to visit the CEA Card website (opens in a new window).

[url=http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/faq/#faq22]http://www.odeon.co....atic/faq/#faq22

In which case DCFC should be looking to bring themselves into line with other reputable businesses.

The point I was making, if this guy takes his son to the cinema and watches a film that he would not normally watch, does he get in free?

If he takes him out for dinner when he doesn't really want to eat, does he get the meal free?

I guess the answer is no to both, so why should it be any different taking him to a football ground?

Really sorry if I sound heartless. My season ticket has gone up £75 in the last 2 years, do you think the DET would run an article on me if I kicked up a fuss?

For a long time we have enjoyed the benefit of no pay increases and unfortunately the club have decided to do it all at once.

If tickets had gone up £40 per season over 5 years instead of £200 in one go I doubt many would even bat an eyelid.

I don't think it's as black and white as that, with a cinema, restaurant, etc your not a fan with an affinity to that club.

You don't invest 20 years of your life with showcase cinema. DCFC have a captive audience and a community, not many businesses have those elements which set them apart.

They are not required to do anything other than they see fit. However for me what they are doing is wrong and I don't like at at our club.

It would now be £295 pounds at OAP rate an increase of approx £50. Im not pleading poverty its just the principle of the thing . Sorry but i dont utilise all the games on it anyway due to other commitments so the increase has just tipped it for me .

Ha a £50 increase and your not bothering. Fickle fans are not worth the hassle anyway, all they do is moan!

Some people are just ranting at people who's circumstances they can't and don't want to understand. Ignorance is bliss.

What if you can no longer afford to back them?

If I lost my job and couldn't afford to go then I wouldn't go.

I wouldn't moan about being treated badly when ALL Derby fans are getting their tickets at a much lower rate than other clubs.

I think Ramblur is talking in book-keeping/accounting terms - where a fundamental principle is that you DO sort your cash into these piles.

Quite right,GreenRam,but it goes further than that.From this information,capital and revenue forecasts are prepared,to indicate what (if any) additional funding the business might require via equity/loans/asset sales (including players).Our latest results show a cash deficit on operations of such magnitude that the current season's 10% increase would hardly be likely to cover (a fact that seems to have already been signalled).In my view,the proposed increases will be unlikely to close the gap next year.Therefore,revenues from the operations side (including match receipts) won't contribute to the capital side.Therefore,the owners will first have to fund any cash deficit on operations,followed by any outstanding capital issues,before even considering any investment in players (ignoring any possible player sales).This applies irrespective of whichever old can another poster wishes to throw S/T cash into.The owners might just attend to the first 2 matters without investing in players.It would be entirely their choice

So in your first paragraph are you alluding towards the board should keep season ticket prices low rather and not invest in players?

Second paragraph, I have yet to come across a business that sorts it's cash in to piles of revenue income and capital income and only uses it against expenditure of the same class. All money will go into one bank account and will be used as and when necessary (as you should rather know). Otherwise you would seem to be alluding towards the club should only buy players when we sell another one.

Third paragraph I agree with, however, there are not many businesses that have not raised their prices over the last 5 or 6 years and swallowed the vat increase.

First sentence:-I was merely pointing out which groups were 'flush' with cash at a certain point in time.In answer to your question,I've already pointed out that most other businesses faced with falling revenues and losses would need to address product issues themselves,without attempting to place the burden on the consumer suffering the mediocre product.Your question is simplistic as it doesn't afford the option of owners maintaining prices whilst improving product.Maintaining prices doesn't preclude the option of inward investment on players,as you seem to imply (through lack of its mention).

Second paragraph:- Refer to my answer recently given in a reply to GreenRam,and my paragraph above.

Third paragraph:- I doubt there would have been many businesses that would dare foist increases on consumers on the back of a mediocre product in that time.

First sentence:-I was merely pointing out which groups were 'flush' with cash at a certain point in time.In answer to your question,I've already pointed out that most other businesses faced with falling revenues and losses would need to address product issues themselves,without attempting to place the burden on the consumer suffering the mediocre product.Your question is simplistic as it doesn't afford the option of owners maintaining prices whilst improving product.Maintaining prices doesn't preclude the option of inward investment on players,as you seem to imply (through lack of its mention).

Second paragraph:- Refer to my answer recently given in a reply to GreenRam,and my paragraph above.

Third paragraph:- I doubt there would have been many businesses that would dare foist increases on consumers on the back of a mediocre product in that time.

Points taken on board.

I would however suggest that inflationary rises occur no matter what the quality of product.

What you should really be saying is that if ticket prices had gone up by £40 per season for SOME over 5 years ,then many of the rest might not even bat an eyelid.

Just had a thought (happens every now and again), if by some miracle we sneaked into the top six by the end of the season and won the three game lottery, would the club have to honour the renewal prices? Is there a 'promotion surcharge' clause in the small print?

No doubt we would sell out our entire season ticket allocation. Derby fans would be the greatest and most loyal fans in history blah blah blah........untill there was a rise in ticket prices of course, then everybody would jump ship and not bother going again. It seems that moving to a part of the ground more affordable is out of the question, they either get the same seat at the same price for the next 20 years or they will never go again.

I think Ramblur is talking in book-keeping/accounting terms - where a fundamental principle is that you DO sort your cash into these piles.

If this principle was applied then surely only profitable teams would be signing players? I'm not too sure that there are many profitable teams out there.

No doubt we would sell out our entire season ticket allocation. Derby fans would be the greatest and most loyal fans in history blah blah blah........untill there was a rise in ticket prices of course, then everybody would jump ship and not bother going again. It seems that moving to a part of the ground more affordable is out of the question, they either get the same seat at the same price for the next 20 years or they will never go again.

I'm sure we would sell out - it's an entertainment industry and success is entertaining. However, that wasn't my question.

Can anyone remember what happened last time? Were the season tickets sold before promotion honoured? Did the price shoot up for the unsold tickets or remain the same?

Points taken on board.

I would however suggest that inflationary rises occur no matter what the quality of product.

Add 10%+ the latest highest percentage rises for some together,and tell us how this compares to the rampaging inflation over the last 5 years.

I think there has to be an element of acceptance that a Football Club is not like a normal business.

That said – I have to agree that I was surprised at the scale and the targetting of the increases this year.

When you consider that prices have been held for several years (although only for "early birds"), I think most expected there would be an increase, but to target inflation-busting at the disabled, the elderly, the very young and then a fairly random block of seats in the middle of the East Stand is a worryingly risky strategy by the club.

Sam Rush is crowing that 75% (or whatever) of the ST holders have seen no increase, the rest are left wondering what they did wrong to be left carrying the can so badly

A small across-the-board increase would have been a much softer blow I think. It feels like the club are positoning themselves for something, but I can't tell exactly what. I suspect it's damage limitation for when crowds drop to all-time lows

If this principle was applied then surely only profitable teams would be signing players? I'm not too sure that there are many profitable teams out there.

The application of the 'principle' merely shows requirements.The principle you refer to isn't really a principle at all,it's a methodology.I think you're getting mixed up with a possible principle of only spending what you've got-if everyone applied that principle then you'd be correct in saying that only profitable clubs would sign players.How you record transactions has absolutely no bearing on this.

Add 10%+ the latest highest percentage rises for some together,and tell us how this compares to the rampaging inflation over the last 5 years.

Neither know, nor care to be honest.

Just saying that most things go up in price over time regardless of quality.

I have noticed absolutely no improvement to my milk, bread, petrol, electricity or gas but am probably being charged 2 or 3 times more than I was paying 5 years ago. Should I complain to the suppliers and say that unless they reduce their prices I am going to refuse to use them?

Archived