season ticket prices

Geriatram

"I just do not understand why they are making this increase in the current climate. If they were spending the money on Messi then we would be supporting them but they aren't."

I assume that 5 or 6 years ago when everybody was aflush with money that these people were contacting the club and saying that price increases might be a good idea so the club had more transfer funds?

Also the season ticket money will go towards any signings in the summer...how does he know we don't have a bid for Messi lined up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just decided to RIP UP MY RENEWAL FORM end of story and will not moan anymore as im getting repetative. Thanks for the memories at home games ..! This is it for me with season tickets

Fair enough if that is how you feel.

Just out of interest how much would you ticket have gone up?

Disabled people moan about not being treated equally and when they do get treated equally they moan. They get 2 tickets for the price of 1 anyway so its still a bargain!

The retirement age is 65. So why shouldn't they have to pay the full adult price until they retire???

Some people are just moaning because they are tight wods...

Derby offer excellent value for money so instead of moaning, back them, just like I'll be doing tomorrow at Sheffield Wednesday.

There is a huge difference between being treated equally and having equality. In a decent society it is reasonable that those who are strong, fit, healthy, wealthy and privelidged help those who are less fortunate.

Mr Rush is full of 'B 5hit', The disabled supporter officer, came to a DCDSC and said disabled season ticket prices were to increase about last Sept/Oct, he said he could not give any details because it was still being worked on. He made a specific 'guarantee' about the max price in front of possibly 6/8 disabled season ticket holders and said 'it' was confidential, so I can not repeat what was promissed. The disabled supporter liason officer has NOT been back to discuss or share anything since, so Mr Rush makes things up. I am informed that the disabled suport officer was invited to the DCDSC on Mon 4th of Feb earlier this week, but I am informed that he stated, there was no need for him to attend, as he had nothing to contribute. This was the same day that 2013/2014 season ticket packs started to drop through peoples doors. So Mr disabled supporter liason officer, there was nothing of any relevance was there ?.

May I suggest that 'people power' is implemented and all disabled supporters boycott Derby County for the contemptuous manner they have been treated. Then Mr Rush can put that on his undoubtable magnificent C.V.

The offer of a free season ticket for life will not make me enter Pride Park again. I will however, pick and choose to go to some away games.

Maybe Mr Rush was informed by the club that disabled fans had been told of the changes.After all he is new to the club.

and its not bullshit that fans were told. I know a disabled fan who told me about the changes 12 months ago.

Disabled people moan about not being treated equally and when they do get treated equally they moan. They get 2 tickets for the price of 1 anyway so its still a bargain!

The retirement age is 65. So why shouldn't they have to pay the full adult price until they retire???

Some people are just moaning because they are tight wods...

Derby offer excellent value for money so instead of moaning, back them, just like I'll be doing tomorrow at Sheffield Wednesday.

Some people are just ranting at people who's circumstances they can't and don't want to understand. Ignorance is bliss.

What if you can no longer afford to back them?

How about the kids too?

The Under 12 "free ticket" that you had to previously pay £25 to be a member of the Rams Club in order to qualify for – has now gone up to £30 – a 20% increase

I'm in a dilemma because our East Stand seats have been unfathomably re-categorised from C to B - so an increase from £390 to £425 to sit in the same seat I've always sat in. I wouldn't mind if they'd changed the view, or installed a huge sun visor on top of the West Stand, but it makes no sense.

With the £30 under 12 ticket it means my renewal cost is £455 - rather than last years £415

OR I can move to the South Stand for £230 - that's HALF the cost. Trouble is it means I'll have to stop taking my son, as I'm sure there will be a lot of standing.

Thanks Sam Rush you massive goatee tosspocket

It would now be £295 pounds at OAP rate an increase of approx £50. Im not pleading poverty its just the principle of the thing . Sorry but i dont utilise all the games on it anyway due to other commitments so the increase has just tipped it for me .

As I said I understand if people don't want to renew.

Putting into context though, it is an increase of £2 per game.

Factor in the point that we went about 5 years without an increase and you will probably have paid about 40p extra per game since we last had price increases.

Doesn't sound so bad when you put it like that does it?

Damn right he should have said. "You want to go watch Derby son? Then off you go on your own, I don't care if your autistic! Man up!"

I'm guessing that carers don't get free entry wherever they take the people they are looking after?

"I just do not understand why they are making this increase in the current climate. If they were spending the money on Messi then we would be supporting them but they aren't."

I assume that 5 or 6 years ago when everybody was aflush with money that these people were contacting the club and saying that price increases might be a good idea so the club had more transfer funds?

Also the season ticket money will go towards any signings in the summer...how does he know we don't have a bid for Messi lined up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I somehow doubt that those relying on basic benefits were exactly flush with cash 6 years ago compared to now.The club,on the other hand,felt able (without cash injection from the owners at the time) to lavish money on Sav/Tito/Sterjowski,and the same club had £7.9m of cash on the balance sheet at the end of 07/08.

Season ticket money (as you should rather know) is a revenue receipt,not capital receipt,and will therefore be added to other revenue receipts and set against revenue (operations) expenditure.This process currently produces a cash loss,therefore any S/T price increase will only narrow that loss and not contribute to new players.These price increases are a product of the ownership group having failed to meet their own target (end of 09/10,as stated in a directors' report) of achieving promotion.

Some have been banging on for ages about these people running the club like a business.There are few businesses around that could overcome (or even attempt so to do) losses generated in the promotion of a modest product by increasing the price of the product (particularly any product bought by those on basic benefit).Their option would normally be to make capital investment in the product itself,or face the inevitable consequences.

Don't guess - investigate

You'll find that a lot of places do - Just two examples

Disneyland Paris

[size=3]Helpers go free[/size]

Helpers are only given a free admission ticket when a reduced-price admission ticket is purchased at the Park entrance for the disabled guest.

Alton Towers

Disabled + carer

Free carer ticket with every disabled ticket

I'm guessing that carers don't get free entry wherever they take the people they are looking after?

They do but there is no context to that regarding the DET article is there. We don't know if this chap:

a) gets free entry as a carer

b Has a job or does he care for his son full time.

What happens if this guy hasn't got a job because he has to care for his son full time. If that was the scenario how would they be able to afford a season ticket for both of them?

Could be worse....

Nottingham Forest does not offer a concession ticket price based solely on a supporter having a disability. If you consider that because of a disability you are unable to attend matches at The City Ground alone, you may request a concession ticket for a Personal Assistant, providing you are entitled to the higher level of disability living allowance (DLA) or attendance allowance.

I somehow doubt that those relying on basic benefits were exactly flush with cash 6 years ago compared to now.The club,on the other hand,felt able (without cash injection from the owners at the time) to lavish money on Sav/Tito/Sterjowski,and the same club had £7.9m of cash on the balance sheet at the end of 07/08.

Season ticket money (as you should rather know) is a revenue receipt,not capital receipt,and will therefore be added to other revenue receipts and set against revenue (operations) expenditure.This process currently produces a cash loss,therefore any S/T price increase will only narrow that loss and not contribute to new players.These price increases are a product of the ownership group having failed to meet their own target (end of 09/10,as stated in a directors' report) of achieving promotion.

Some have been banging on for ages about these people running the club like a business.There are few businesses around that could overcome (or even attempt so to do) losses generated in the promotion of a modest product by increasing the price of the product (particularly any product bought by those on basic benefit).Their option would normally be to make capital investment in the product itself,or face the inevitable consequences.

So in your first paragraph are you alluding towards the board should keep season ticket prices low rather and not invest in players?

Second paragraph, I have yet to come across a business that sorts it's cash in to piles of revenue income and capital income and only uses it against expenditure of the same class. All money will go into one bank account and will be used as and when necessary (as you should rather know). Otherwise you would seem to be alluding towards the club should only buy players when we sell another one.

Third paragraph I agree with, however, there are not many businesses that have not raised their prices over the last 5 or 6 years and swallowed the vat increase.

They do but there is no context to that regarding the DET article is there. We don't know if this chap:

a) gets free entry as a carer

b Has a job or does he care for his son full time.

What happens if this guy hasn't got a job because he has to care for his son full time. If that was the scenario how would they be able to afford a season ticket for both of them?

The point I was making, if this guy takes his son to the cinema and watches a film that he would not normally watch, does he get in free?

If he takes him out for dinner when he doesn't really want to eat, does he get the meal free?

I guess the answer is no to both, so why should it be any different taking him to a football ground?

Really sorry if I sound heartless. My season ticket has gone up £75 in the last 2 years, do you think the DET would run an article on me if I kicked up a fuss?

For a long time we have enjoyed the benefit of no pay increases and unfortunately the club have decided to do it all at once.

If tickets had gone up £40 per season over 5 years instead of £200 in one go I doubt many would even bat an eyelid.

Archived