season ticket prices

Geriatram

No complaints my arse.

Has he not checked all of the forums? That is the official complaints procedure isn't it....if you are unhappy with something, rather than tell the club, post it on an internet forum...or am I missing something?

Some people have contacted the club, some people have already got meetings set up with cretain individuals at the club, some people have produced press releases, some people have contacted the local media, some people have managed to take all sorts of action already.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did I say that they saw having a season ticket as a priority??? None of them have a season ticket.

I was just replying to a post that was made about pensioners buying BMW's, the poster didn't say whether those pensioners were season ticket holders or not. So I made a contrary and ironic post that was at the other end of the scale as the original post seemed pretty pointless.

Your absolutely right but, in his defence, it sounded like his comment was an ironic exaggeration after numerous posts about how hard it was "for pensioners", so equally generalising.

And if this isn't about DCFC season tickets then what has it got to do with the thread? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I wondered with your Sam Rush comment, so what block has gone from a B to an A then, Ill have to check mine to see if the price is indeed the same.

Well if people cannot afford to go at the increased price, what option do they have, are you going to give them the money ?

So you want a moan free internet forum...i understand now.

Not sure what block it is, stair 37 in the East Stand.

Not saying I want a moan free internet forum but what is the point doing it on here and not doing it to the club?

Some people have contacted the club, some people have already got meetings set up with cretain individuals at the club, some people have produced press releases, some people have contacted the local media, some people have managed to take all sorts of action already.

Well once again I am only going from the quote from Sam Rush.

Good luck in your quest for cheaper prices.

I think that's the entire point that people are making, and the same goes for disabled fans. They will just give up going because they will not be able to afford to.

I think I'm not sympathetic because I'm already in that category. I don't go because I can't afford to.

I don't think the club, the state or other fans should subsidise my ticket just because I can't, I look at it how it is - just tough.

I think I'm not sympathetic because I'm already in that category. I don't go because I can't afford to.

I don't think the club, the state or other fans should subsidise my ticket just because I can't, I look at it how it is - just tough.

I didn't realise that you were a disabled fan. Was it the more than doubling of the price that stopped you going?

Well once again I am only going from the quote from Sam Rush.

Good luck in your quest for cheaper prices.

ONE cheaper price.

Disabled fans - especially those with mobility problems. Sam Rush said on RD this morning that people could move to Category E. I'm still trying to work out how to get a wheelchair up there. Saying that, Daleks have managed to get up stairs so there must be a chance.

I have today received a letter asking me to provide some evidence of disability benefit entitlement. Sorry, but if my season ticket is the same price as everyone elses, then why do they want to see confirmation that I am disabled. I must be really special eh !.

I respectfully suggest that someone needs to have an eye test, because you dont need a letter to confirm I have a severe disability, all that is required is to open your eye's and have a look.

Unless that is, that I am just an attention seeker and only need someone to take me to the toilet for selfish reasons, drive an adapted car just for effect and can really run 100mtrs Hurdles in 9.6 seconds !.

Thanks, but no thanks, I will be spending my money somewhere else and just watch the highlights on tv or just the goals on East Midlands News. Actually for £30 odd, I can subscribe to rams player and watch the entire match later in the week and watch my local non league side for free, as they don't charge for disabled people. That's what I call a proper community club.

That really sucks, Soothsayer.

The only time that could be remotely justified would be if they were ALWAYS going to be providing a carer's ticket, irrespective of type or level of disability. Saying that, that was the impression Sam Rush seemed to gave this morning on Radio Derby when he was going on about a disabled person in category E being able to get their ticket for £250.

I quote:

"That's less than £130 a ticket".

I've had a disabled season ticket with carer in exactly the same place for the past nine years. They know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

However i've just looked down and i've grown a new leg !,. it's a miracle, i've been making it up all along !.

Good job I've got this letter to prove I'm not lying !.

I can now go straight to the back of the South Stand for a season ticket for £230 and piss myself to my hearts content. No longer will I be asked to pay £425 for a 5hit view in the corner. Hurrah !

I assume so you also get the free 'Carers' ticket otherwise everyone would just do it to get a free season ticket?

I wouldn't assume such a thing at all because I know that you don't - or rather you didn't automatically qualify for a carer's ticket just because you were disabled. However, that was the impression that Sam Rush seemed to give this morning through listening to his radio interview, so perhaps the policy is changing. I suppose someone (the disabled fans' liaison officer?) will be in the position to answer that question - but I can't.

I think that's the entire point that people are making, and the same goes for disabled fans. They will just give up going because they will not be able to afford to.

I didn't realise that you were a disabled fan. Was it the more than doubling of the price that stopped you going?

No, I'm not a disabled, I'm in the category of "not being able to afford to go".

I have today received a letter asking me to provide some evidence of disability benefit entitlement. Sorry, but if my season ticket is the same price as everyone elses, then why do they want to see confirmation that I am disabled. I must be really special eh !.

I respectfully suggest that someone needs to have an eye test, because you dont need a letter to confirm I have a severe disability, all that is required is to open your eye's and have a look.

Unless that is, that I am just an attention seeker and only need someone to take me to the toilet for selfish reasons, drive an adapted car just for effect and can really run 100mtrs Hurdles in 9.6 seconds !.

Thanks, but no thanks, I will be spending my money somewhere else and just watch the highlights on tv or just the goals on East Midlands News. Actually for £30 odd, I can subscribe to rams player and watch the entire match later in the week and watch my local non league side for free, as they don't charge for disabled people. That's what I call a proper community club.

I guess that it is possible that some people have been abusing the system. They are now doing spot checks on the season ticket cards for the same reason. For the normal honest supporters there are always the odd dishonest ones. To me, it seems reasonable to ask for evidence of being in receipt of disability entitlement as a 'one off'. I am sure they do not intend insulting you, just making sure that only those who receive concessions are the ones who are entitled to them.

Re.the overall increase in the cost of OAP season tickets.

I have now had a reply from Colette Murfin, Head of Ticketing and Services.

Quote -

All season tickets are subject to price increases each season although not always applied in past seasons. This season decisions were made to increase certain prices in certain areas - changing age bands, recatagorising seats etc. to bring us in line with other clubs in the league - then the suggestion that I move my seat to cheaper area. From D ??

She has missed the point of my query completely ie NO mention of the GENERAL raising of the price of OAP ST throughout the stadium - even in areas where that of adults remains unchanged.

What is it they seemingly cannot say ??!! If this a basic change of policy to raise the proportion of the adult price that we pay why do they not say so. Is it that difficult to treat us with respect?

ONE cheaper price.

Disabled fans - especially those with mobility problems. Sam Rush said on RD this morning that people could move to Category E. I'm still trying to work out how to get a wheelchair up there. Saying that, Daleks have managed to get up stairs so there must be a chance.

there will be disabled facilities in the South Stand. The club has to provide them for away fans too.

No, I'm not a disabled, I'm in the category of "not being able to afford to go".

OK, consider yourself ignored then because you have wasted my time.

Re.the overall increase in the cost of OAP season tickets.

I have now had a reply from Colette Murfin, Head of Ticketing and Services.

Quote -

All season tickets are subject to price increases each season although not always applied in past seasons. This season decisions were made to increase certain prices in certain areas - changing age bands, recatagorising seats etc. to bring us in line with other clubs in the league - then the suggestion that I move my seat to cheaper area. From D ??

She has missed the point of my query completely ie NO mention of the GENERAL raising of the price of OAP ST throughout the stadium - even in areas where that of adults remains unchanged.

What is it they seemingly cannot say ??!! If this a basic change of policy to raise the proportion of the adult price that we pay why do they not say so. Is it that difficult to treat us with respect?

This can only be good news if they are doing things to bring us in line with other clubs in the league. Surely that will mean higher wage and transfer budget 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

there will be disabled facilities in the South Stand. The club has to provide them for away fans too.

Really?

A stair lift and wheelchair access to the Category E seats? Excellent.

Archived