season ticket prices

Geriatram

I know two pensioners, ones just drew £25,000 out for a new beemer 3 series, and the others just booked 4 holidays for the year in spain haha.....i'm sure for the majority of people around 65 can afford a small rise. £195.00 for a season ticket in the north is £8.47 a game....NAFF all to moan at.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know two pensioners, ones just drew £25,000 out for a new beemer 3 series, and the others just booked 4 holidays for the year in spain haha.....i'm sure for the majority of people around 65 can afford a small rise. £195.00 for a season ticket in the north is £8.47 a game....NAFF all to moan at.

I know some pensioners who can't afford to heat their homes in winter. Your point is?

Oh yes,don't worry,I'm perfectly fine Martyn.By the way,I tend not to argue with myself,and unless I'm very much mistaken,it was you that started this 2 way discussion.If I'm 'arguing' with you,then you're 'arguing' with me.If you've been agreeing with what I've been saying,I find it strange that you should say it's "weird" that I don't 'get it'.If you agree with me,then I must obviously 'get it'.You obviously also agree with something that you previously found "hard to understand".

I'm sure that just about everyone else knew that I was referring to our club when talking of past examples,so no need to dwell on that.

When you started this rolling,you mentioned the word "smart".Please don't attribute me with words I haven't written.

Fine, whatever. I'll leave you be, I obviously wind you up for some reason.

Hadn't had any complaints?

They offer great deals for kids and generally adults accept the variations......but not adult disabled.

No complaints my arse.

Has he not checked all of the forums? That is the official complaints procedure isn't it....if you are unhappy with something, rather than tell the club, post it on an internet forum...or am I missing something?

No complaints my arse.

Has he not checked all of the forums? That is the official complaints procedure isn't it....if you are unhappy with something, rather than tell the club, post it on an internet forum...or am I missing something?

No your still consistent in your view that the club are 100% correct in everything they do, so you are not missing anything.

I put a complaint into the club about a sensitive issue recently, it took them several days to acknowledge receipt, I only got my pack yesterday so maybe they will get them this week, maybe not and we will see season tickets numbers increase once again.

That maybe they shouldn't see having a season ticket to the footy as a priority? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Where did I say that they saw having a season ticket as a priority??? None of them have a season ticket.

I was just replying to a post that was made about pensioners buying BMW's, the poster didn't say whether those pensioners were season ticket holders or not. So I made a contrary and ironic post that was at the other end of the scale as the original post seemed pretty pointless.

You can't say oh I know a couple of OAP's who are buying BMW's and then assume that every other OAP in the country can afford to do the same. That's just ignorant. I have a neighbour who was made redundant a couple of weeks ago but has, lucky for him landed another job straight away. Should everyone else who's made redundant be expected to find a new job within weeks?

People moaning at seniors going up, can anyone tell me why the hell a man who's 65, or previously 61 to 64....should pay alot less than a man whos, 50??

My grandads was 150 last year and i paid 300 to sit next to him, seniors have naff all to moan about in my opinion.

South stand top for me, £230.00 thank ya very muchly.

All nice and smug at the moment then but beware - if it gets over subscribed you may be in the same boat next year.

No your still consistent in your view that the club are 100% correct in everything they do, so you are not missing anything.

I put a complaint into the club about a sensitive issue recently, it took them several days to acknowledge receipt, I only got my pack yesterday so maybe they will get them this week, maybe not and we will see season tickets numbers increase once again.

We can't both be correct and I am assuming that your view that the club are 100% wrong in everything they do is the right one?

We can't both be correct and I am assuming that your view that the club are 100% wrong in everything they do is the right one?

Far from it, they do some good things, my ticket has not increased so Im happy, but Im not in a position to comment on someones ability or right to moan about it, Im also not navive enough to think everyone would have been made aware of it. I think you mentioned, forgive me if Im wrong, that people who stay away do more damage to the club by not putting money in, yet in this instance are the club not forcing some people to do this ?

I notice that you made a comment yours had increased, how much is that then and why, I presume as you had backed out the debate once it wasnt intended to get a bite ?

Far from it, they do some good things, my ticket has not increased so Im happy, but Im not in a position to comment on someones ability or right to moan about it, Im also not navive enough to think everyone would have been made aware of it. I think you mentioned, forgive me if Im wrong, that people who stay away do more damage to the club by not putting money in, yet in this instance are the club not forcing some people to do this ?

I notice that you made a comment yours had increased, how much is that then and why, I presume as you had backed out the debate once it wasnt intended to get a bite ?

The club are not forcing anyone to do anything.

Did many come on here singing the clubs praises when tickets stayed pretty much the same price for a decade? If so, I don't really remember it.

I'm not saying people don't have the right to moan, just saying do it to someone that can do something about it rather than on an internet forum.

My ticket has gone up about 20% in the last 2 years from £380 to £455.

First last year because of price increases and the again this year because of my seat being re-categorised.

Not sure how saying that was intending to get a bite!

The club are not forcing anyone to do anything.

Did many come on here singing the clubs praises when tickets stayed pretty much the same price for a decade? If so, I don't really remember it.

I'm not saying people don't have the right to moan, just saying do it to someone that can do something about it rather than on an internet forum.

My ticket has gone up about 20% in the last 2 years from £380 to £455.

First last year because of price increases and the again this year because of my seat being re-categorised.

Not sure how saying that was intending to get a bite!

I wondered with your Sam Rush comment, so what block has gone from a B to an A then, Ill have to check mine to see if the price is indeed the same.

Well if people cannot afford to go at the increased price, what option do they have, are you going to give them the money ?

So you want a moan free internet forum...i understand now.

That maybe they shouldn't see having a season ticket to the footy as a priority? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I think that's the entire point that people are making, and the same goes for disabled fans. They will just give up going because they will not be able to afford to.

More empty seats, less money for players, less money for wages, more downsizing in the playing staff, club losing money, increase season ticket sales, another lot can't afford it, stop going, more empty seats.

It's called a 'vicious circle'.

Archived