Theo Walcott £100k pw

Day

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michu is a one off. He was cheap for a reason.

53 goals in 265 Spanish games was his record before Swansea took a chance on him. And that's what they did. They took a 2M gamble and it paid off.

For every one Michu there are dozens of failures.

To hell with taking a chance with players abroad. We are a British team so let's play with predominantly British players.

Lets see how far that gets us.

Oh wait, mid table Championship obscurity.

Lets see how far that gets us.

Oh wait, mid table Championship obscurity.

Patience.

Another few seasons and we'll be back.

I'm proud of the fact we don't have a single player outside of the British Isles in our sixteen.

There's not many teams that can boast that.

Isn't it an 18 now?

Gjokaj and Doyle have been in during the last few weeks as well.

It sure is, and they sure are. Not only that, but we've got a Kiwi in our U21s if I recall correctly.

Personally I don't get the whole "let's only have British players" thing. We should bring in the best players available to us, if they are British, so be it, if they are not, oh well...

This guy's the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. Surely it should be performance based?

Disagree with this...he is consistently very average.

Michu is just one of many La Liga players so much better than PL players..

It's amazing how teams like Wigan, Arsenal and Fulham claim to try and play quality passing football yet don't hve hardly any tecnhical players from the likes of Spain, Portugal and S.A... It's mad..

Especially in La Liga, Spanish clubs in general have big debts so it doesn't take alot to prize away decent players..

If Derby tried to use just British players we'll never ever become an established PL club.. During my lifetime, our best team was built on foreign players with great technical ability.. The likes of Stimac, Wanchope, Eranio, Baiaino, Asanovic, Poom... Compare that to Wolves expensively assembled 'British squad' last season and tell me which is better?

It's amazing how teams like Wigan, Arsenal and Fulham claim to try and play quality passing football yet don't hve hardly any tecnhical players from the likes of Spain, Portugal and S.A... It's mad..

Especially in La Liga, Spanish clubs in general have big debts so it doesn't take alot to prize away decent players..

If Derby tried to use just British players we'll never ever become an established PL club.. During my lifetime, our best team was built on foreign players with great technical ability.. The likes of Stimac, Wanchope, Eranio, Baiaino, Asanovic, Poom... Compare that to Wolves expensively assembled 'British squad' last season and tell me which is better?

Incorrect, he plays in the Premier League, assume you meant to say he is one of many Premier League players better than La Liga players.

And then compare our team to the Man United team built around the Neville brothers, May, Beckham, Butt, Keane, Giggs, Cole and Sheringham

Archived