Ticket Spot Checks

Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no discount to put your bum on an airline seat is there?

Yes, cheaper for a child than an adult, BUT u still have to pay for a baby and they dont get a seat. Which reminds me, I saw someone the other week at the match with a newborn strapped to them, which I thought was weird, I use the time to get peace from my newborn, perish the thought of taking him with me.

Back on topic, if its for people who really can't afford to go at FP, I don't see the harm as its filling seats, when they did 2 for a fiver groupon tickets, they didn't worry about us full paying ST holders then.

Yes, cheaper for a child than an adult, BUT u still have to pay for a baby and they dont get a seat. Which reminds me, I saw someone the other week at the match with a newborn strapped to them, which I thought was weird, I use the time to get peace from my newborn, perish the thought of taking him with me.

Back on topic, if its for people who really can't afford to go at FP, I don't see the harm as its filling seats, when they did 2 for a fiver groupon tickets, they didn't worry about us full paying ST holders then.

I'm not quite sure that it was two tickets for a fiver. Wasn't it something like two tickets for £25?

I'm not quite sure that it was two tickets for a fiver. Wasn't it something like two tickets for £25?

Probably, that was somewhat tongue in cheek

As far as I can tell though - the turnstile lights are green for an adult and green/red for a concessed ticket - so quite how well they can police it remains to be seen

I think there are four price categories - Adult, Under 18, OAP and Under 12, and only two lights on the turnstile, so they can only really check in terms of light=green/red - is the person old or young? If not then fetch the handcuffs

I happily 'cheat the system' at away grounds across the country and have no problem doing at Pride Park as well, there is not a chance i will continuously pay over £30 per match.

If clubs across the country make ticket prices more affordable then this wouldn't happen.

Well I know a bloke who gets his mum to buy a season ticket.

She is an OAP and gets the ST at a fraction of an Adult ST... he has used her ST to every single match.

Seems his days might be numbered!

Pick a wig and dress up on eBay for under £20, not that I've been looking

If the other person can't make it then why not go to the ticket office and upgrade the ticket?

It will still be cheaper than paying full price.

From the wording that came with my daughter's U12 season ticket I can upgrade her seat four times a year - but only by paying the FULL adult price. That is a half season ticket, whether the full ones are different, I don't know.

Actually, as I'm typing I've had a thought - as the U12 season ticket was free (after paying a £25 membership fee) I wonder whether the club just make the upgrades to concessionary tickets the difference between the nominal price paid for the game and the cost of the seat if sold as a 'walk up'? So, as me daughters ticket was free, then the difference will always be the full price, but if you've got a OAP or young adult season ticket, they will have a cost, so the upgrade will always be cheaper than the full price ticket.

I'm not sure I've explained that very well - does anyone get what I mean?

Were they supporting Waaaaaatford?

From the wording that came with my daughter's U12 season ticket I can upgrade her seat four times a year - but only by paying the FULL adult price. That is a half season ticket, whether the full ones are different, I don't know.

Actually, as I'm typing I've had a thought - as the U12 season ticket was free (after paying a £25 membership fee) I wonder whether the club just make the upgrades to concessionary tickets the difference between the nominal price paid for the game and the cost of the seat if sold as a 'walk up'? So, as me daughters ticket was free, then the difference will always be the full price, but if you've got a OAP or young adult season ticket, they will have a cost, so the upgrade will always be cheaper than the full price ticket.

Yep, makes sense CR!

No

Yes - you are right - when you upgrade the "free" under 12's ticket - you just pay the full price of whatever category you upgrade to. I usually upgrade mine to an OAP so my Dad can attend the night matches that the nipper can't.

It is crap though that you can only upgrade 4 times a season. Makes no sense to me. They also claim that if you don't use it to enough games then they will withdraw it. I'd like to see them try - because all that would happen is they would lose two long-term season ticket holders

Archived